PO Soon: Grouper - Ruins October 31

rooks

Can someone give me the step-by-step on how to get the ball rolling here? I've never joined a mailing "group" or whatever she's got going here. I shot an e-mail to the address provided, yesterday, but got nowhere.

Don't need to be a member far as I know. I was and and didn't get the email. But, yellowelectric at Gmail was the address and it was just an email email to that saying you wanted it and she responds in time

I'll come out and say it – $42 PPD is a little steep for a single LP and a CD.  But this release sounds like it'll be pretty special, and I'm much more inclined to throw $40 at Liz's label than I would at some $RC reissue.  I felt obligated to go through with it.  Hopefully orders will be fulfilled in the order they're received, so folks without cold feet can receive their copies before she gets too swamped / goes on her residency.

I'll come out and say it – $42 PPD is a little steep for a single LP and a CD.  But this release sounds like it'll be pretty special, and I'm much more inclined to throw $40 at Liz's label than I would at some $RC reissue. 

I agree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't mind the 40$ for the record, but I can't justify going to the customs office and pay all those fees after paying another 15$ for shipping. As much as I would've loved to go through with this, it's just too much. The retail will do.

This album is fucking beautiful start to finish.

I agree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't mind the 40$ for the record, but I can't justify going to the customs office and pay all those fees after paying another 15$ for shipping. As much as I would've loved to go through with this, it's just too much. The retail will do.

This album is fucking beautiful start to finish.

Yeah, $40-ish is about the threshold for me, so I can see where you're coming from.  Especially when there's another means of owning the album (sans thunderstorm CD) for a quarter of the price.  I don't blame you for going the retail route; if it was $10 more I'd probably do the same.

And yeah.  Even a week after the leak, I'm still loving this album.  Thoroughly.

Curious what you guys think. What if you had not contacted her up front but just went ahead and paypal'ed her the money with a note re: what it's for. Do you think you'd get a copy or has there been an official cut off now? This is just a hypothetical; I sent my $42 within a few minutes of seeing the pay now note.

Curious what you guys think. What if you had not contacted her up front but just went ahead and paypal'ed her the money with a note re: what it's for. Do you think you'd get a copy or has there been an official cut off now? This is just a hypothetical; I sent my $42 within a few minutes of seeing the pay now note.

From the e-mail, it sounds like she's filled designated slots... to the point where she'd like to be notified of anyone backing out. I'm assuming she'll refund any payments that don't correlate with her list of confirmed buyers, after all the dust has settled and orders get dialed in.