PO NOW: Gates - Bloom & Breathe OUT 10/21

This isn't to degrade you or sound like I think you're wrong or dumb or whatever so don't take it the wrong way. It's more towards music listeners in general.

I 100% of the time wait to listen to an album until I either have it on my table or I have a download and listen to it on release date. Bands put so much work into making their music (especially this band) and they set a date for that album to be released and celebrated. Why would people not want to hear a certain album on the day it's supposed to be out? A release date is just as important as artwork, touring, merch, etc. It's a part of the whole you know? It is way more gratifying to listen to something on it's "birthday." With our advancements in technology and such it's so easy to gain early access. I always felt bad in the past when I would hear an album early whether that was from a leak or an "early stream." An album is always a little more fulfilling like that to me..

Completely respect that, and I agree with you for the most part.

I often times do wait, but when I do it's to listen to an album I physically in my possession (obviously typically on vinyl, but previously on CD). Bands consistently releasing a plethora of songs and full album streams leading up to the release date, coupled with my habit of downloading music for the last fifteen years make it pretty difficult to wait for an "official" digital release.

There really isn't anything more gratifying than taking an album in as a whole on first listen; reading the liner notes and admiring the artwork. I just typically lack discipline when it comes to holding out. Since these are shipping now I'll probably end up waiting until I get it in and give it a spin.

Getting a heavy Waves vibe from a lot of this.

Definitely concur with that. It's basically more in line with what my initial expectations of Waves were. Meaning, it has that additional aggression and the strained vocals, but there's still plenty of room for the dynamics of Pneuma as well. 

No we watch as 50 people who didn't buy the /200 variant ask if anyone has an extra that they could unload.  (for cost).

i'm totally gonna step forward and be the first guy :ph34r:  - if anyone who got the /200 isn't totally satisfied with the album for some ungodly reason and ends up with buyers remorse or what the heck ever, i would be glad to pay you a little extra for a copy. been kicking myself since the day i missed it.

then i can sell my /500 to someone here below cost or something. EVERYBODY WINS

i'm totally gonna step forward and be the first guy :ph34r:  - if anyone who got the /200 isn't totally satisfied with the album for some ungodly reason and ends up with buyers remorse or what the heck ever, i would be glad to pay you a little extra for a copy. been kicking myself since the day i missed it.

then i can sell my /500 to someone here below cost or something. EVERYBODY WINS

I should mention that my comment wasn't meant to turn people away from trying to find a /200 copy.  If you want one, post away!

Alright, I've listened through the album about 5 times now.  I know it's early, and it will probably grow on me, but I expected a lot more.  The singles are by far the best tracks, and the rest of the album just seems to blend together into long stretches where nothing catches me.  Hopefully my opinion changes, because I thought this was going to be my AOTY after the 3 singles.

Alright, I've listened through the album about 5 times now.  I know it's early, and it will probably grow on me, but I expected a lot more.  The singles are by far the best tracks, and the rest of the album just seems to blend together into long stretches where nothing catches me.  Hopefully my opinion changes, because I thought this was going to be my AOTY after the 3 singles.

damn, not good to hear that...