(PO Soon?) mewithoutYou - Catch For Us The Foxes

This used to be one of my favourite albums slightly before and in the early days of high school. Feel like I istened to all their three albums that were out back then, non-stop. I always felt like the odd one out because I just couldn't believe there was a band this amazing yet so unknown. At some point I got oversaturated by them though. I think it's because I felt so removed from the existential angst of a teenager that I associated their music with. Still listened to Ten Stories a lot when it came out as that was still fresh.

A few days ago I shuffled onto CFUTF accidentally  and couldn't put it away. It completely drew me in after all these years but in a completely different way. Totally re-discovered their genius again. Strange coincidence but more importantly, great timing.

Definitely one of the best albums of 2000's. Aaron Weiss is one of the best lyricists around. Granted he borrows lines from here and there but that doesn't make the way his mind works any less awe-inspiring. I used to mull over the things he said in interviews. Such a humble, sincere person. He is completely unique in his capability of combining philosophical yet deeply personal insights and along with the brilliant musicianship come out these completely enamoring stories that their songs are.

Or, as a another sophisticated fellow on Last.fm put it - This shit is beyond adjectives

I'm gonna put Brother, Sister on now. Both such amazing albums.

*Edit - just about to finish [A-->B] Life and I think I'm up for going for their whole discography. I just realized that The Cure For Pain might've planted those first seeds that later grew into an appreciation of post-rock.

Good artists borrow, great artists steal

Definitely one of the best albums of 2000's. Aaron Weiss is one of the best lyricists around. Granted he borrows lines from here and there but that doesn't make the way his mind works any less awe-inspiring.

I don't know if mewithoutyou is one of those "you had to be 16 in 2002" bands but I spent years of my life MOSHING to Foxes.

I was 24 in 2002 and still loved this band. They are one of the few bands still around making music ad great now as back then. I for one am excited for this repress because I missed out on it a few years back and I need this to complete my collection of mwy.

I was too cool for MWY when I was a teenager. Saw them multiple times touring on CFUTF and stood there with my arms crossed trying to look like I was too cool for them.

I was an idiot. Although, even then I still loved Bullet to Binary and January 1979. No idea what the fuck was wrong with me.