Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

lol whenever Shelby wsays something good is gonna happen i die inside.

"Rooks is gonna get Gjallarhorn this nightfall, I guarantee it. I feel it in my bones."

* 8 Ascendant Shards *

Hey, hopefully I get something great, that'd be cool and keep my interest a bit longer.

It's not JUST the drops though, I think their release schedule is insane. March?? I mean I know they are catering exclusively to the Christmas newbies and all, but damn, I know we are not alone in our completion levels of this game. We're done and they aren't giving us anything to stay for :\

yeahh I know what you mean. aside from the 5 exotic weapons and 1 exotic armor I still need, i'm finished with everything. i'll probably still run the weekly stuff because it's fun, but outside of that i'm not going to be on as much unless I start getting some of this stuff. I've been stuck here for weeks. I did have amazing luck w/ CE HM though, I won't deny that.

I'm above a casual player for sure and it'll be mid-february before I hit level 32. I never hit the level cap before this DLC was released. I bought the game the day it came out. 

I DO think the timeline seems stretched for the amount of content we are getting. I don't personally think they are taking too long between releases for the majority of players. 

I'm above a casual player for sure and it'll be mid-february before I hit level 32. I never hit the level cap before this DLC was released. I bought the game the day it came out. 

I DO think the timeline seems stretched for the amount of content we are getting. I don't personally think they are taking too long between releases for the majority of players. 

Eh, that's fair. I'm definitely at fault for how much I've played.  I'm speaking more to the "leaked" DLC info that came out that suggests huge DLC offerings even past June/August and beyond. Just seems silly. They don't have even a tenth of the content of a decent MMO yet they expect people to be playing the game on a regular basis (enough of a basis to be willing to pay 20-30 bucks for a DLC) ~6-10 months after release? That seems like a stretch to me!  Most games have "GOTY Bundle!" editions coming out by that point with all DLC included for cost of the original game lol.

Eh, that's fair. I'm definitely at fault for how much I've played.  I'm speaking more to the "leaked" DLC info that came out that suggests huge DLC offerings even past June/August and beyond. Just seems silly. They don't have even a tenth of the content of a decent MMO yet they expect people to be playing the game on a regular basis (enough of a basis to be willing to pay 20-30 bucks for a DLC) ~6-10 months after release? That seems like a stretch to me!  Most games have "GOTY Bundle!" editions coming out by that point with all DLC included for cost of the original game lol.

GOTY bundles exist to attract new players to buy a game that likely would only be selling used at that point.  So they still get some money instead of it all going to the secondary market.  Their spacing between the DLC is definitely not great (although I don't mind this break since I've missed all of January) but this isn't a subscription or microtransaction based MMO so they have less incentive to provide a steady stream of content.  I think they can count on enough people sticking around or jumping back in when there is new content to keep making plenty of money.

I think your criticism is still valid Rooks. There are some big, BIG problems with their end game, economies and the content itself. 

I'm just saying that for the more casual player, 2 months feels about right in terms of progression (within the system they've created) I've only fully leveled one 331 exotic since the new DLC as well. 

I have two but I really only use the second one for an extra Nightfall roll. I can't get people together for a one Raid, let alone two. 

Personally, I'd rather do Crucible or bounties with with my friends and stay 31 than run the Raid with randoms. 

raids are the most enjoyable part of the game for me. and randoms can be a lot of fun (sometimes not). i'd much rather run with friends, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. I think I've gotten a bit better at selecting groups for HM CE. I was 2/2 in PUGs, both started from the deathsinger: first group took an hour and a half, second group took an hour. almost every wipe was due to something stupid (sword disappearing, swordbearer going hard left/right, crota killing our sword guy while he was invisible)

East coast blows. I said it.

I should be free from 04-08 PST tonight. I'm not especially interested in any raid drops outside of materials, a helmet, and the Black Hammer – I'll definitely run Normal with you if we can get a few more participants.

Excellent! Yeah, I mostly need materials to get 32 with my warlocks, but I figure it doesn't hurt to get some titan gear too.

I could actually get 3 runs in, as I haven't done it on any of them yet.

For normal mode as well, Batman? I don't know about that. I'm sure it'd be easier, but I don't know about necessary.

Rooks; you know what's up, and that makes me happy. I aspire to relocate to Oregon or Seattle, myself. One of these days.

I can squeeze in 2 runs this evening / afternoon, if you don't mind carrying my (29) Titan. I did the bridge through Crota on that character with no deaths, a few weeks back. It's really not a big deal. I don't have the Saints helmet but I can at least contribute dome shields and flash grenades if need be.