Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross - GONE GIRL Soundtrack LP

jhulud

<p>

Here's a little more basic breakdown (as some of the information above isn't quite right).

Lossless

• Exact copy of the source for all intents and purposes, very large file size
  • WAV is uncompressed
  • FLAC and ALAC (Apple's proprietary version of FLAC, sometimes referred to as Apple Lossless) are simply compressed WAV files. Think about zipping a document, you don't loose any data, but it's smaller while compressed.
Lossy
  • A lower quality (think, lower resolution image) audio file. MP3 being the most common (there are a plethora). 320kbps is the highest quality MP3 (science says your ears can't tell the difference between this and lossless, audiophiles disagree). As you lower the quality down to 256, 192, etc, it's a lower and lower quality of sound (again, lower and lower quality image).
Thanks...I had it all jumbled up...probably due to lack of coffee...that's what I meant to say but just didn't type it correctly...

I fail

The people at ETS are up in arms about it too. As long as I have the download now (which it is ready to dl from my account on nin.com) then I got nothing to worry and can be patient.

Amazon having a later release date doesn't (necessarily) mean anything.  It could be incorrect, or it's very possible third-party retailers aren't going to receive it until later.

<p>

Here's a little more basic breakdown (as some of the information above isn't quite right).

Lossless

• Exact copy of the source for all intents and purposes, very large file size
  • WAV is uncompressed
  • FLAC and ALAC (Apple's proprietary version of FLAC, sometimes referred to as Apple Lossless) are simply compressed WAV files. Think about zipping a document, you don't loose any data, but it's smaller while compressed.
Lossy
  • A lower quality (think, lower resolution image) audio file. MP3 being the most common (there are a plethora). 320kbps is the highest quality MP3 (science says your ears can't tell the difference between this and lossless, audiophiles disagree). As you lower the quality down to 256, 192, etc, it's a lower and lower quality of sound (again, lower and lower quality image).

People expect lossless to sound amazingly better with cheap ear buds through low end aux ports on their phones. Through good speakers, I think I can tell the difference.

People expect lossless to sound amazingly better with cheap ear buds through low end aux ports on their phones. Through good speakers, I think I can tell the difference.

I think I can too, but I think I'd probably equate that not so much that I can hear a difference as feel (low end bass, etc)

It looks like this is up for pre-order on Amazon. 

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Vinyl-Trent-Reznor-Atticus/dp/B00O0MBU0I/ref=sr_1_1_title_2_lp_?ie=UTF8&qid=1412268651&sr=8-1&keywords=gone+girl+soundtrack

Amazon says it will be released on Jan 20.  NIN.com has it as Fall 2014.  I sure hope it's Fall and we don't have to wait until Jan.  

Been listening to the soundtrack non-stop this week. 

Went and saw the movie earlier today. It's phenomenal to begin with. One of the best book adaptions in a long time. Then again, it helps that Gillian Flynn who wrote the book also handled the screenplay. If you've read the book, you know how insane the ending is. It got tweaked just a bit for the movie. Still fucked up. 

The soundtrack itself added a greater atmosphere to each and every scene that the music is on. Easily TR+AR have topped themselves yet again. 

I really want to pick this up from NIN.com and get the bonus digital files, however I have no idea how to put digital files on my iPhone from a chromebook. Does anyone have experience with that?

Does it have USB? I don't know Chromebooks. iTunes is the main client for music on iPhone and it has some kind  of wifi sync I'm pretty sure you can research. I've never done the wifi sync.

As for Gone Girl, seeing my 2nd showing today.

This week I bit the bullets and got The Social Network and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack, I am going to see this this afternoon, .

Let us know how quiet the pressing is on social network. I finally scored one and hope its not crappy....

Where did u get a dragon tattoo on vinyl? I'm trying to find one under 3 bills and nobody seems to be selling even though there are tons of copies available. Shipping from nin is just too much $65 to ship is outrageous!

Nice. I have it on my followed searches but u must have scored it quick! I got lucky with social network but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it isn't noisy since my new system picks up everything!

I'm not sure when my Social Network is going to be here. I just got home from the movies (what the fuck?) and am listening to Ghosts right now.

I really want to pick this up from NIN.com and get the bonus digital files, however I have no idea how to put digital files on my iPhone from a chromebook. Does anyone have experience with that?

iTunes is the only way to sync music to an iPhone, which requires a Windows PC or Mac.

Also, what "bonus" digital files? The tracklisting in the nin.com store is the same 24 tracks as every other digital retailer.

iTunes is the only way to sync music to an iPhone, which requires a Windows PC or Mac.

Also, what "bonus" digital files? The tracklisting in the nin.com store is the same 24 tracks as every other digital retailer.

What I meant by bonus was that if you buy the LP from NIN you get the digital files for free. I didn't want to double buy.

There are ways to get music on w/o iTunes on a Mac or PC, such as Google Play and Amazon Music, I just can't think of another web based method to do it. I might just have to buy the digital files from iTunes or Amazon Music and the LP separate.