Black Friday Record Store Day 2014

Got pretty much everythin' I wanted except Jonathan Wilson, Wham!, and GotG. Might go back tomorrow and see what's left.

I picked up They Might Be Giants' "Flood" and KoRn's s/t fer schnits and giggles, while my girlfriend bought me South Park, David Bowie, CHVRCHES, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Little Richard, and The Beatles fer X-Mas. Buy I can't listen to 'em till then!

What an awesome day. Sorry I was not able to get any death grips for anyone..they went to fans of the band in front and behind me. I did score everything on my short list though and had a blast in line. There is always some shenanigans on haight st in SF that make the time fly! Looking forward to another fun day in April! I'm done buying records for a week at least.

I didn't create that meme, FYI. Sorry you're super mature for a 15 y/o and like Twilight though.

Man, I'd have thought a Phish fan would have more of a 'live and let live' philosophy in regards to other people's entertainment choices, but then again I wouldn't have expected one to be an argumentative homophobic piece of shit either.

still looking for a Little Miss Sunshine and a store that will ship it.............

there's a question - why don't a lot of these stores ship???  I just found out my local won't either.  Odd.  It's money, and I thought that was the point?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Miss-Sunshine-Yellow-Vinyl-Soundtrack-LP-Black-Friday-RSD-2014-NEW-/161494361618?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2599d06612

@ Gnome - You have some points w me, good sir.  Thank You   B)

I hadn't looked on the bay yet this morning

No problem! ebay wouldn't have been the first place I checked either, that's for sure.

strictlydiscs ebay store has a decent amount of things that SEEM to be pretty much in line with RSD prices but I'm not sure. I didn't go out for anything this year. 

I have another strictlydiscs question... they charged my card but didn't seem to charge anything for shipping. Should I call them to make sure they know I'm not picking it up? I gave the woman my address when I gave her my credit card info so I thought it'd be obvious enough but the charge on my account was just for the record itself.

Thanks in advance.

Wow! A thread on VC devolves into hate speech and name calling. Now I've seen everything! /sarcasm

Can we get this back on track and talk about the records?

The Faith No More song is excellent. I'm not sold on the remix on the b-side yet, but the a-side rocks.

The quality on the Green Day record is great. Decent song selection too. Too many "ayyy ohhhs" for liking though.

I really dig the Morrissey-picked Ramones LP. Also a high-quality release. No new ground, but a cool selection of tunes.

The alternate versions of the Jenny Lewis tunes are killer.

I didn't care much for the Against Me 7". They're newer stuff isn't my cup of tea.

And the Dead Milkmen LP rules. The sound is a bit lower than my OG copy and having Bitchin' Camaro on the a-side to accommodate closing the record with Tugena kind of threw me off, but man is it a great listen. And the addition of the Cd/cassette only tracks was a nice bonus and made me feel better about buying it.

I haven't listened to the Joey Ramone 10" yet, but I already know all of the songs on it. Bought it because I'm a total sucker for Ramones-related records.

Overall, good stuff. I avoided Husker Du because it was $40 and I thought that was insane. I thought Wu-Tang was too expensive too. I may go back today. My local shop had tons of leftovers as of last night. If anyone is desperate for something (I don't know what Death Grips is, but I know they didn't have it) hit me up and I'll try to accommodate.