<NOW> ISIS - In The Absence Of Truth (Repress)

Guest Secular Haze

Guest Secular Haze

Interesting. You know if you take a second to interpret the progress in the action depicted between the label images, you can figure out which picture is first and which is last. The middle sides fall into place then. That's how I remember doing it.

That's how I always end up doing it too.  I need to see what kind of condition mine is in, I don't know if it's beat up or just dirty.

I am excited for this one!  I passed up on this one too many times, so I have learned that lesson the hard way

Same here.

All these reissues/remasters are great. I'm stoked, but damn it Panopticon remastered needs the vinyl treatment. I'm losing my mind seeing as how we get the CD of it, and then they announce an Oceanic/ItAoT vinyl repress. asjdghalk;sfdh;sgl;fs'ldfjnjfdlsgk;s

Ah yes, I think I recall seeing that comment from Turner in an interview somewhere. 

I know that I get cheesy when I say this, but shit, I celebrate their entire catalog. Each ISIS record is awesome in its own right. Surely the progression from a heavy-ass metal noise band in Red Sea and Mosquito Control to more controlled and layered atmospheric almost-Godflesh-like sound of Celestial and the true post-metal sound they developed in Oceanic and Panopticon and forth, just killed it. 

To me, they're the true artists' band that developed and evolved with time and weren't afraid to experiment and try it all. Not only within then confines of ISIS but just look and listen to what each individual member has done as side bands/projects and after the band's demise/hiatus/end. 

For some reason this is one of ISIS' most underrated albums. A lot of the more hardcore fans shit on this one. Solely because they shifted gears in their sound so severely that it turned them off. I personally feel that it's a great album. 

When push comes to shove, It's my personal fave straight through. Oceanic and Panopticon are flawless and seem to be one long album, and WR seems like a natural progression from ITAoT.

For some reason this is one of ISIS' most underrated albums. A lot of the more hardcore fans shit on this one. Solely because they shifted gears in their sound so severely that it turned them off. I personally feel that it's a great album.

I cringe at the singing on this sometimes. He sounds like the dude from 311.

Ah yes, I think I recall seeing that comment from Turner in an interview somewhere.

I know that I get cheesy when I say this, but shit, I celebrate their entire catalog. Each ISIS record is awesome in its own right. Surely the progression from a heavy-ass metal noise band in Red Sea and Mosquito Control to more controlled and layered atmospheric almost-Godflesh-like sound of Celestial and the true post-metal sound they developed in Oceanic and Panopticon and forth, just killed it.

To me, they're the true artists' band that developed and evolved with time and weren't afraid to experiment and try it all. Not only within then confines of ISIS but just look and listen to what each individual member has done as side bands/projects and after the band's demise/hiatus/end.

If I remember correctly...

This is also the only album that they wrote apart from each other, as in they spread out all over the country and pieced the songs together.

I like the record, but it is my least favorite from Isis.

That's interesting. I used to cringe at the singing on Panopticon because on that album it really sounded like he didn't have a handle on his transition from his usual bellowing and screaming to real melodic vocals. Then listening to ITAOT it seems as though he finally mastered his own voice melodically. I never got the 311 parallel in all my time listening to it. Now I'm accustomed to Panopticon and barely remember not digging what I thought of as his "attempt at singing."

I must not listen to enough 311 because I never made that association ;)

I'm with Juan on loving the entire catalogue.  I feel like everything they put out was incredibly strong, no matter what the vocals were like.

I must not listen to enough 311 because I never made that association ;)

I'm with Juan on loving the entire catalogue.  I feel like everything they put out was incredibly strong, no matter what the vocals were like.

Agreed on all points. Except that anyone needs to listen to "more" 311. I've heard as much as I feel I need to for one lifetime.

Dudes, this is up now! I nabbed a pink (think this will be the only pink variant I own). Mainly cause it doesn't look that pink, and it's most limited. 

Here's a link for da pink:

https://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=6068&zenid=92872f33a1f2dc9a1ea15939e33994f4