New DEAFHEAVEN LP in 2015

jhulud

My introduction to Deafheaven is what will forever taint my opinion of them. Saw them open for Russian Circles, & all I thought was "drooling hipster maniac fronting a supremely talented group of musicians".

I saw that tour as well. I didn't even bother listening to their stuff after the show because of George's melodramatic stage presence. Actually didn't even listen to them at all until Sunbather started getting hyped. Then I went back and listened to Roads to Judah and got pretty hooked. The vocals don't bother me, I'm definitely a fan of the band now.

• 7 months later...

Are you sad-cat ing me because you like them?

I think they're solid.  But I get why you (and many others) can't be considered a fan, but to each their own.  They really set the bar with their last record, and I'm trying to be realistically optimistic about anything they do from here on out.  Especially after tasting such a massive, popularized success with their last outing.  I've seen way too many bands phone it in after hitting an album out of the park, and I'd hate to see that this time around.

I think they're solid. But I get why you (and many others) can't be considered a fan, but to each their own. They really set the bar with their last record, and I'm trying to be realistically optimistic about anything they do from here on out. Especially after tasting such a massive, popularized success with their last outing. I've seen way too many bands phone it in after hitting an album out of the park, and I'd hate to see that this time around.

I'm not a fan of the genre, I don't get the hype. That's all.

I was also surprised by their popularity. I think they've got a lot of potential. It's nice to see some kind of band with extreme vocals get able to be called popular (though to some people this band's vocals are their bane). I think extreme vocals are something everyone should try to appreciate, so power to them.

However I'm very excited to hear that this new album of theirs sounds like it might be more aggressive or dark.

From The Kettle Onto The Coil is a solid jam and is pretty great live. i think a lot of the hate stems from the fact that as a metal band they penetrated the indie-sphere.

Love that track. And they definitely get a lot hate from that realm. A """black metal"""""" band?? With a PINK album art??? How dare they.

• 1 month later...