SMLXL vinyl thread for Relient k

what else could really end up going in this series? and those FIF songs on one side each are a total joke. what in the world.

right... seems like they got it backward seeing as the creepy ep has 6 tracks that wouldve made way more sense to split into 2 7inches rather than what they did. why only include those 2 tracks in the creepy 7inch tho?

right... seems like they got it backward seeing as the creepy ep has 6 tracks that wouldve made way more sense to split into 2 7inches rather than what they did. why only include those 2 tracks in the creepy 7inch tho?

Isn't what appears on the Creepy EP standard tracks that are on the subsequent album? It seems Superfanvinyl just did the extra tracks that don't appear anywhere yet on vinyl.

Isn't what appears on the Creepy EP standard tracks that are on the subsequent album? It seems Superfanvinyl just did the extra tracks that don't appear anywhere yet on vinyl.

yes; exept the last track they just left off. i get what you mean but still feel like it should stay true to the original release. nevertheless im happy were getting more relient on 7 inch whatever the case may be

yes; exept the last track they just left off. i get what you mean but still feel like it should stay true to the original release. nevertheless im happy were getting more relient on 7 inch whatever the case may be

I agree. Same with the Vinyl Countdown - at least with that now we will be able to differentiate OG from New. That was a little difficult with SMLXL first press of MMHMM haha.

I agree. Same with the Vinyl Countdown - at least with that now we will be able to differentiate OG from New. That was a little difficult with SMLXL first press of MMHMM haha.

yes!! totally agree, im so glad they didnt make the reissue of FANSD the same color as the original. makes the original that much more awesome. also i dig the brown color for it

yes!! totally agree, im so glad they didnt make the reissue of FANSD the same color as the original. makes the original that much more awesome. also i dig the brown color for it

exactly, it seems they are learning from mistakes. I still say their first press of MMHMM should have been a clear (sunflower) yellow and we would have also had the dark green for a nice collection of MMHMMs.

Wow, 7" series is pretty cool, ordered immediately. I'm with those who Think a single 7" would have been enough tho, for Vinyl Countdown. I'm also very surprised they put Softer To Me (acoustic) on the Creepy 7" and not Operation, which is an original song. Baffles me.

I think what might happen is that the Nashville Tennis EP gets released as an LP and all the b-sides get pressed in the 7" series.

I'd love for these 7"s to happen:

Apathetic EP:

A: The Truth

B: Apathetic Way To Be

Employee:

A: Wits all been done / Penny loafer

B: For the band

Other stuff:

A: Fallen Man

B: What Can I Do

A: Here I Go

B: The Stenographer

These are

I agree with don, an LP for Nashville Tennis seems more likely and a 7" series for the B-sides material. Listened to the b-sides last night from B&B and, wow, they put out some quality music. Nothing Without You and Here I Go are excellent. I remember picking up the cd in 2008 and listening to those constantly.

Ordered all 3 7" to keep the collection intact. I do have an OG press of vinyl countdown because I was/remain a huge FIF fan.

Same here, have a complete collection. Got the RK guys to sign my OG of vinyl countdown a couple of years ago at Biola University and the Matt's laughed when they saw it because they hadn't really seen one in a loooong time apparently.

From RK FB:

"Going back to our punk rock roots, we decided to make some limited edition 7-inch releases. We have several of this type of series planned over the next year. At the end there will be a limited edition box available to store all your 7" copies in.

This is Series I
Each 7" is limited to 1000 units

•The Creepy 7"
Side A - Softer To Me (Acoustic)
Side B - Jefferson Aeroplane (original version)
•The Vinyl Countdown I
Side A - The Vinyl Countdown
Side B - Five Iron Frenzy Is Either Dead Or Dying
•The Vinyl Countdown II
Side A - Nothing Without You
Side B - Five Iron Frenzy Is Either Dead Or Dying (Ska Version)"

I hope This isn't replacing Birds and B-sides. I just want to be able to spin that and not juggle freaking 7"

Wow, 7" series is pretty cool, ordered immediately. I'm with those who Think a single 7" would have been enough tho, for Vinyl Countdown. I'm also very surprised they put Softer To Me (acoustic) on the Creepy 7" and not Operation, which is an original song. Baffles me.

I think what might happen is that the Nashville Tennis EP gets released as an LP and all the b-sides get pressed in the 7" series.

I'd love for these 7"s to happen:

Apathetic EP:

A: The Truth

B: Apathetic Way To Be

Employee:

A: Wits all been done / Penny loafer

B: For the band

Other stuff:

A: Fallen Man

B: What Can I Do

A: Here I Go

B: The Stenographer

These are

yes plz

Same here, have a complete collection. Got the RK guys to sign my OG of vinyl countdown a couple of years ago at Biola University and the Matt's laughed when they saw it because they hadn't really seen one in a loooong time apparently.

Haha that's awesome.  I have a complete collection as well.  It's been a fun year or so with all these RK vinyl releases, hasn't it? :)

I agree with don, an LP for Nashville Tennis seems more likely and a 7" series for the B-sides material. Listened to the b-sides last night from B&B and, wow, they put out some quality music. Nothing Without You and Here I Go are excellent. I remember picking up the cd in 2008 and listening to those constantly.

I agree, I constantly have several of those songs from Nashville Tennis in my head. I love "Scene and Herd" I LOVE "The Last, the Lost, the Least," <--I think it may be my favorite Relient K song.