PO: Eohippus "Getting Your Hair Wet With Pee" Hair Filled/Piss Soaked Vinyl

At least menstrual blood was an incredible statement and inclusion of self.

this is piss

And it wouldn't ruin your needle if you actually played it. This release is a garbage, gimmicky pile of piss and hair. The music might be great, but the idea of pressing piss and hair into a record, not even trying to make sure it doesn't get in the grooves pissed me off so much.

And it wouldn't ruin your needle if you actually played it. This release is a garbage, gimmicky pile of piss and hair. The music might be great, but the idea of pressing piss and hair into a record, not even trying to make sure it doesn't get in the grooves pissed me off so much.

How would you purpose the label make sure the hair wasn't in the grooves? How is this any different than a noisy glow in the dark or a glitter pressing? The label puts in the order and then a pressing plant makes the product?

How would you purpose the label make sure the hair wasn't in the grooves? How is this any different than a noisy glow in the dark or a glitter pressing? The label puts in the order and then a pressing plant makes the product?

First of all, the word you're looking for is propose.

Secondly, Topshelf managed to do a glitter pressing that didn't damage your needle/have a ton of surface noise, as did Graveface, and from what I've seen, Liars did a damn good job with that yarn filled pressing they did. And comparing something that has tons of shit in the grooves to a glow in the dark record that just has noise is just asinine, they're completely different.

I don't know how those other labels did it, but apparently it's possible. They specifically mention the damage in this record's description, which means that they know it could damage your needle, and ostensibly did this on purpose to give the record pops and crackles.

First of all, the word you're looking for is propose.

Secondly, Topshelf managed to do a glitter pressing that didn't damage your needle/have a ton of surface noise, as did Graveface, and from what I've seen, Liars did a damn good job with that yarn filled pressing they did. And comparing something that has tons of shit in the grooves to a glow in the dark record that just has noise is just asinine, they're completely different.

I don't know how those other labels did it, but apparently it's possible. They specifically mention the damage in this record's description, which means that they know it could damage your needle, and ostensibly did this on purpose to give the record pops and crackles.

Ice Cream Cone Face Tattoo, would you please show me where in the description they specifically mention damage? You seem like an expert. Where is it?

"“Getting Your Hair Wet With Pee” is an anthem so majestic, it makes the Star-Spangled Banner sound like a dog vomiting in comparison.

Vocals soaring higher than a mountain top, guitars ringing truer than freedom itself.

This is a song convicted of love and trust.

Eohippus, Velocity of Sound’s most mysterious band has dropped a nugget of musical genius so profound that we had to give it the royal treatment.

We are proud to announce the world’s first hair filled, piss soaked colored vinyl.

Strictly limited to 100 copies, this single-sided 7” comes in your choice of black or red inked hand stamped cover art.

MP3 codes are package with the single.

Please note that this unique item lends itself to surface noise and no two singles look alike."

Ice Cream Cone Face Tattoo, would you please show me where in the description they specifically mention damage? You seem like an expert. Where is it?

"“Getting Your Hair Wet With Pee” is an anthem so majestic, it makes the Star-Spangled Banner sound like a dog vomiting in comparison.

Vocals soaring higher than a mountain top, guitars ringing truer than freedom itself.

This is a song convicted of love and trust.

Eohippus, Velocity of Sound’s most mysterious band has dropped a nugget of musical genius so profound that we had to give it the royal treatment.

We are proud to announce the world’s first hair filled, piss soaked colored vinyl.

Strictly limited to 100 copies, this single-sided 7” comes in your choice of black or red inked hand stamped cover art.

MP3 codes are package with the single.

Please note that this unique item lends itself to surface noise and no two singles look alike."

I suppose it is more of an assumption of damage, but it's an incredibly safe assumption. If they know it's going to have surface noise (ostensibly from the needle running on matter other than the record in the grooves) it's safe to assume that after quite possibly only a few plays, it's going to cause at least some damage to your needle.

You wouldn't play a record made of sandpaper, or one that is visibly just tons of scratches and scuffs, would you? No, because you don't want to fuck up your needle for the chance to listen to something that will sound like garbage anyway.

The fact that they have to specifically warn you about anything like surface noise caused by items protruding into/above the grooves should scream, "Don't actually play this record. This is a gimmick."

You're welcome to get this and play it all you want, it's your needle you're running the risk of damaging.

I just think this is gimmicky bullshit, and some people are going to get incredibly upset when their needle gets jacked up, even though they have been warned that "this unique item lends itself surface noise."

Joyful Noise Recordings has a sound quality warning on all of their lathe cut records, that doesn't mean they're going to ruin your needle.

If you can't see the difference between a lathe cut, and a record with other material in the grooves that could snag and/or bounce your needle around, I don't care. You're welcome to buy this and play it all you want. Just don't be surprised if there is significant wear, or damage to your needle from playing this record.

I don't care to continue bumping this thread just to argue something that neither of us are going to change out minds about, so I'll leave it at that.

I suppose it is more of an assumption of damage, but it's an incredibly safe assumption. If they know it's going to have surface noise (ostensibly from the needle running on matter other than the record in the grooves) it's safe to assume that after quite possibly only a few plays, it's going to cause at least some damage to your needle.

You wouldn't play a record made of sandpaper, or one that is visibly just tons of scratches and scuffs, would you? No, because you don't want to fuck up your needle for the chance to listen to something that will sound like garbage anyway.

The fact that they have to specifically warn you about anything like surface noise caused by items protruding into/above the grooves should scream, "Don't actually play this record. This is a gimmick."

You're welcome to get this and play it all you want, it's your needle you're running the risk of damaging.

I just think this is gimmicky bullshit, and some people are going to get incredibly upset when their needle gets jacked up, even though they have been warned that "this unique item lends itself surface noise."

Wow. You're really angry about this.