PO: Minecraft OST! (UK soon)

Updated the OP, so people can check out the music.

He has two albums for Minecraft: Alpha and Beta.

While I haven't checked out Alpha, Beta runs at around one hundred and forty minutes.

Really recommend "Intro" on Beta.

So good.

Alpha looks like it would fit on a double LP, but the true OST only contains 15 of the 24 songs (which I think would fit on a single LP).

Alpha looks like it would fit on a double LP, but the true OST only contains 15 of the 24 songs (which I think would fit on a single LP).

Yeh, there's quite a couple songs that aren't on the official game, but most of his stuff is super good. Like, I wouldn't mind it being pressed, haha.

• 6 months later...

Already posted in the Video Game OSTs thread, but might as well post it here. The vinyl is coming out in August via Ghostly International. There will be a limited green colored version.

NewOnVinyl

Amazon France

Amazon US (no preorder yet)

One thing to note that I mentioned in the other thread is that some tracks might be cut. The NewOnVinyl page says there are 23 tracks, while the Amazon France page says there are 12 tracks, removing the lesser popular ones. Maybe that makes sense since this is only 1LP. Hopefully it isn't the case, though.

Ghostly International is a US label, so expect domestic preorders soon.

Here's the PO for Amazon in Germany (which also lists only 12 songs.)

So there's usually 22mins per side on a LP but the whole soundtrack runs for about an hour.

I don't know whether roughly 30 minutes per side are even possible, yet I can say that ~50% more than usual is a lot. So I doubt we'll get it without drawbacks. So we either get a stripped version with hopefully good range or a packed LP with crappy sound?

Why the heck is it so difficult to make this a 2LP?

Here's the PO for Amazon in Germany (which also lists only 12 songs.)

So there's usually 22mins per side on a LP but the whole soundtrack runs for about an hour.

I don't know whether roughly 30 minutes per side are even possible, yet I can say that ~50% more than usual is a lot. So I doubt we'll get it without drawbacks. So we either get a stripped version with hopefully good range or a packed LP with crappy sound?

Why the heck is it so difficult to make this a 2LP?

Yeah, I don't want to buy it if its going to sound crappy, and I still don't want to buy it if it only has 12 songs. The price tag is way too steep.

I'm skeptical about this now.

Found the complete release info.

TRACKLIST - LP
A1. Subwoofer Lullaby
A2. Living Mice
A3. Moog City
A4. Haggstrom
A5. Minecraft
A6. Clark
B1. Mice on Venus
B2. Dry Hands
B3. Wet Hands
B4. Sweden
B5. Cat
B6. Danny

Release Date: June 23rd, 2015 (North America)
June 22nd, 2015 (Worldwide)

• Pressed on vinyl/CD for the first time since its 2011 digital only release
• Vinyl features 12 tracks from the first Minecraft soundtrack
• CD features complete soundtrack
• Limited edition version features 3D lenticular cover and transparent green vinyl

For the soundtrack's physical release, Ghostly has designed standard vinyl and CD packages around colorful artwork from the digital version. And there's a limited edition LP that brings some extra magic to the table. Record collectors and Minecraft completists take note: Only 1,000 copies of Volume Alpha will be pressed on transparent green vinyl, arriving complete with a lenticular-printed jacket which gives new depth and movement to the cover's 3D-rendered image. Ghostly is thrilled to count this unique collaboration among its already eclectic catalog, and hopes to see the creative inspiration which drives Minecraft and Rosenfeld continue to disperse by virtue of their timeless music.