PO Soon: Interstellar Soundtrack

I just noticed that both Amazon and Sound Stage Direct have two different listings for this on vinyl. One from Music on Vinyl and the other from Watertower Music. One is 180 gram with a four page booklet and the other is 140 gram with just an insert. Everyone in the states might want to double check which version you preordered.

I just noticed that both Amazon and Sound Stage Direct have two different listings for this on vinyl. One from Music on Vinyl and the other from Watertower Music. One is 180 gram with a four page booklet and the other is 140 gram with just an insert. Everyone in the states might want to double check which version you preordered.

Thats really interesting. Good catch there. Looks like the WM one is a new listing though. So everyone up to this point should be fine.

WM is $34 and doesnt release until mid april.

Did anybody else get two inserts in their MOV version? 

I paid 28€ at a local record store.

Hello and Welcome!

One insert, two records for me. Wouldn't have it any other way. The insert's a pretty interesting read though. Would have loved to see the note of 'Day One' included.

Just got an email from Best Buy and its delayed from them until mid-to-late April. I am not happy.

I'm sort of bummed out that this happened but unless I hear bad things about the Watertower release, I might switch my pre-order to the US release since it looks like it's really not that different in terms of packaging.

I don't understand why there would be a delay. There is an American seller on eBay that looks like she already has it and is shipping. I wonder if ImportCDs will be delayed too?

Also, I still want the MOV version and I hope I don't get the WaterTower version shipped to me instead if there is indeed a delay. Even though I plan on purchasing the WaterTower version also. 

I don't understand why there would be a delay. There is an American seller on eBay that looks like she already has it and is shipping. I wonder if ImportCDs will be delayed too?

Also, I still want the MOV version and I hope I don't get the WaterTower version shipped to me instead if there is indeed a delay. Even though I plan on purchasing the WaterTower version also. 

I have not a single clue as to why there would be a delay. I really hope I dont get shafted with a Watertower version. I'll probably email them and see whats going on.

Edit: Fucking Best Buy. The MOV version has been completely removed from online and replaced with the same listing name but under details has "Watertower Music" now listed as the label with a release date of 4/14. So if you ordered from them you better cancel it or you'll end up with a water tower pressing.

I received an email from Amazon UK two weeks ago. No mention in the email of trying to find a copy, just that the delivery date was changed by their supplier. The release date for the MOV version seems to be different for each Amazon site, but in a nutshell the only places it seems to be available from at the moment are third party sellers (and do they even have it in stock?) or New On Vinyl.

Has anyone actually recieved a copy direct from any of the Amazon sites?

Amazon UK : 6th April

Amazon Germany : 10th April (Label also listed as 'At the Movies (Cargo Records)'

Amazon France : 24th March, only available from third party seller

Amazon Spain : No release date, only being sold by third party sellers

Amazon Italy : 17th March, only available from third party sellers

Amazon US : 24th March OOS, available form third party sellers

Amazon Canada : 24th March OOS, available from third party sellers

Other UK & European sites also have later release dates down for the MOV version:

Norman Records : 6th April

Banquet : 30th March

JPC (Germany) : 10th April

Ordered my copy but thankfully received mine last week, I wonder why the others are delayed...didn't MOV say this was an unlimited release?

Which retailer did you order from?

I was confused, and also annoyed, because I pre-ordered from amazon as well... I checked jpc and hhv at the time, and didn't find a listing, so went with amazon... guess I should have kept checking jpc, I usually prefer either those other places over Amazon.... anyway, I emailed MOV earlier today  to ask about this, and this is their response:

"-<
>

Date:
March 27, 2015 at 1:16:20 PM GMT+1

To:
<-

Subject:
RE: Interstellar pressing info

Hi --

Not too worry, repress is being shipped as we speak.
We have only 1 version so...
All the best
Music On vinyl

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van:---
Verzonden: vrijdag 27 maart 2015 12:53
Aan: [email protected]
Onderwerp: Interstellar pressing info

Hallo, I've had a preorder for this vinyl at two separate places that have
delayed the release date to April, however I see online several people with
it in hand, and on the secondary market. My question is was this initial
press delayed, or have you already released it, and are you doing a second press
and/or is someone else other than MOV doing a different press due out in
April.

Simply, can you say if you released the MOV version on time earlier in
March, and are you doing a second press due out end of April, and if so, is
that press different in any way?

Thank you for info on this, it's a bit confusing with different retailers
having different release dates, my personal order delayed, and seeing copies
already for sale on the secondary market!

Considering, the original has WaterTower Music credited on the back as well as MOV, my guess is that this is the ONLY pressing (though odd if any catalog numbers changed at retail sites), and they did not have enough initial stock to fulfill all their orders. 

Those of us still waiting will get the exact same issue it looks like.... we just have to wait until they ship out the next batch....In April it seems. 

Sucks some of us are stuck waiting, but pretty sure there is not a different pressing at least....

but pretty sure there is not a different pressing at least....

There are two pressings of this; that is unless everyone has been given wrong information. Watertower and MOV are two completely different presses.

MOV: 180g black with 4pg booklet

WT: 140g Black with insert w/liner notes by Nolan

Has anyone actually recieved a copy direct from any of the Amazon sites?

I canceled my BB order and tried ordering from the US Amazon third party seller. We'll see how this goes.