PO Soon: Interstellar Soundtrack

I love the one I got. I think I got pretty lucky.

vcNdc40.jpg

This is probably my favorite out of all the ones Ive seen on eBay. Nice score! I got the Walmart exclusive today and I'm very pleased with the packaging. I got a close up shot of Cooper without his space helmet on and he looks like he has been crying. I like it. I'll try and post a shot later tonight.

QFT. It's great at home but there is no beating the theatre experience. 

We watched it on a decent 42 plasma, and my GF just said 'it's beautiful'. I never got to see it in the cinema, so I can't imagine how it would have been when seen properly.

I am not kicking myself as London recently hosted a showing with Zimmerman conducting the score live. I would love to have seen that.

We watched it on a decent 42 plasma, and my GF just said 'it's beautiful'. I never got to see it in the cinema, so I can't imagine how it would have been when seen properly.

I am not kicking myself as London recently hosted a showing with Zimmerman conducting the score live. I would love to have seen that.

Holy fuck that's incredible. I have a new number one I-wish-I-could-have-been-there show.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this. I special ordered it at my store and they got it in. It is the WaterTower press but it still is an overall good package. I plan on listening to it tonight and I do still plan on getting the Music On Vinyl press. 

What are the differences between the packaging and sound?

Does the watertower version also have the etchings by the labels?

No, they just have standard run-outs. I have added the WaterTower release to Discogs. My apologies to Sanjuro and Vector53, I may have worded my response earlier in a confusing way, what I meant was I still plan on getting the MOV press, but I don't have it yet.

Just got mine in from Amazon; the WT release. Didn't know it didn't have the center etchings which is a bummer but overall, it's still a beautiful release and I really have no need to spend the extra on the MOV version. 180g would have been nice but $30 with two-day shipping and a Sunday delivery is nice, too.

No, they just have standard run-outs. I have added the WaterTower release to Discogs. My apologies to Sanjuro and Vector53, I may have worded my response earlier in a confusing way, what I meant was I still plan on getting the MOV press, but I don't have it yet.

Thanks for the added info! Looking forward to spinning this.

The music is OWNED by the label WaterTower music. The label pressed some. MOV pressed some. I'll tell you right now, without even hearing the WaterTower pressing, I bet the MOV pressing sounds better. They are very good at getting killer sound quality. And by the fact that the WaterTower pressing doesn't have the runout text, you can know they used different plates. So, it's not a waste of money to spend a little more to buy the MOV pressing.

I gave in and finally ordered (I believe) the WaterTower pressing from Amazon last night.  Got shipping confirmation this morning.  Really, really wanted the MOV version but after hearing what the differences are, I'm glad I didn't waste the extra $10-$20 for it.  Really excited to get this after finally acquiring Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Inception :).