SOON-Torche-Restarter

Guest Secular Haze

I actually think this might be my favorite torche record

It's definitely up there. I have a hard time putting it above Meanderthal this soon, but it is a fine piece of work.

Picked up the black today. Wasn't planning on grabbing this, it was the right price at the shop so decided to grab it. Almost done with my first listen. It's freaking awesome. Haven't listen to them since Meanderthal. Did the mail order ones only come with the album and a download card. I'm just being greedy and was hoping for a lyric sheet or something more.

Picked up the black today. Wasn't planning on grabbing this, it was the right price at the shop so decided to grab it. Almost done with my first listen. It's freaking awesome. Haven't listen to them since Meanderthal. Did the mail order ones only come with the album and a download card. I'm just being greedy and was hoping for a lyric sheet or something more.

I didn't notice any inserts or download card in the deluxe edition (but I didn't look either).  It's just art on the inside of the gatefold.

Waiting for my merge to arrive. Should have bought the damn gatefold!

Every version is a gatefold, just the 2 lp versions are glow in the dark jackets and the standard versions are not. Comes with a download card and no insert. I love the new trend of companies giving out bandcamp downloads though. Losless rips and an account that keeps your files permanently.

Torche has lyrics? News to me.

For real though none of the Torche records I own have lyrics sheets at all, probably because those are the least important part of their music. I remember reading something saying that Steve demos vocal melodies and then he and the rest of the band listen to his demos and choose words based on what it sounds like he's saying.

Torche has lyrics? News to me.

For real though none of the Torche records I own have lyrics sheets at all, probably because those are the least important part of their music. I remember reading something saying that Steve demos vocal melodies and then he and the rest of the band listen to his demos and choose words based on what it sounds like he's saying.

Yeah, i read this as well. Lyrics are huge to me in most other music, but when it comes to Torche, the tunes and riffs rule all.