The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Known Pleasure Records just put up preorders for Wet Petals' self titled tape and added a bunch of distro, including sold out tapes from Frameworks, Nai Harvest, and Free Throw if you guys want to check that out

http://www.knownpleasurerecords.com/

We'll also be releasing the next Couch King acoustic tape soon so if you're into that follow us on our social media sites! :)

The Pray For Sound tape I put up last week through Flesh and Bone is now streaming in its entirety as of today.  The band only wanted one song up for a week, but now you can listen to it all.  Check it out here.  I know some people were waiting to hear the whole record before deciding to order or not.  If you're into it, you can still grab one of the tapes here.

I'm releasing the full length Self-Titled album from Wish List out of MD/PA!  Awesome punk/grunge/indie band that I can't stop listening to.  Here is the info:

PRE_20ORDER_201_original.jpg

- /100 Purple/Orange/Silver Glitter Swirl Cassettes

- Full color J-Card insert w/ clear case

- Digital download card

- Flesh and Bone Records sticker

- Mini photo print from Wish List's 2014 summer tour w/ Fun Home and Infinity Crush

Track Listing:

1. Dumpweed 2
2. Camp Trippin’
3. April
4. Always On A Sunday
5. 212223
6. Acer
7. Aw, Geez
8. What To Do
9. David Steady

Listen to the entire album here.

Pre-order the tape for only $7 here.

Check out everything else with my label Flesh and Bone Records here.

These will ship late July/early August.  They are a part of my 2nd shipment of orders, which includes Raintree, Fairgrounds, and Bradley Hathaway (which will be up next week).  If you have already placed an order with me and would like to combine shipping with an existing pre-order you already made, please email [email protected] first, and we'll combine shipping no problem.

You can also pick up an exclusive label-only shirt to coincide with this release (and all of my other releases).  This is the one that is available for Wish List:

WISH_20LIST_20SHIRT_20MOCK_original.jpg

Nouns and Lilith tapes came in from Funeral Sounds with a nice note saying: Fuck Off. Hahah, Nouns tape looks great. Listening rn. Also that Couch King Sessions: Teen Suicide tape from Known Pleasure is probably the clearest quality of music I've heard, easily on par with vinyl. 

Tapes have a very close frequency range to CDs actually.  I have quite a few cassettes that sound incredible.  It's unfortunate that they get such a bad rap regarding sound quality.

I read about a study quite a while ago where people had a blind listening test with vinyl, cd and cassette, and most people actually preferred the cassette.