The Original Cassette Collective Thread

First version of the Hell - Sheol cassette is available again directly through MSW:

https://loweryourhead.bandcamp.com/album/hell-sheol-live-cassette

There is also a second version (white tape) available here:

http://greysunrecords.storenvy.com/products/5485615-hell-sheol-greysun-records-001-2nd-edition

Miserable - Dog Days CS preorder.  It's a UK label, so it's kind of expensive after shipping.

http://sadgirlsclub.bigcartel.com/product/sgc002-miserable-dog-days

Damn Beach House meets Beach Fossils?! That's worlds apart from Halloween EP that's for sure (sound wise) I'm super curious

Damn Beach House meets Beach Fossils?! That's worlds apart from Halloween EP that's for sure (sound wise) I'm super curious

I'm pretty curious myself.  I've really enjoyed everything she's released under Miserable and King Woman, my hopes are high for it.

Have you listened to the new song yet? http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/premiere-miserable-fever

It's different from Halloween Dream. Still incredible though.

If this pans out, this is going to be a lot of fun.  This will not exist until there are 25 individuals interested.  There will be no releases committed to this club, nor money of any kind from subscribers until the 25 are on board.  But once 25 have shown interest and want to move forward, it will be completely closed to only those 25 people.  NO leftovers, overruns, overstocks, etc.  Just reserved for those people.  If you're at all interested in learning more and being a part, email [email protected]

Woo!

10463683_1468113240111013_31620466329358

If you guys like Psych Pop/Rock you should check this label out. They are out of Canada and have quite a few really great releases. The compilation is one of my favorite tapes of the year and the bands like Shadow Folk, No Bodies, and Walrus have great solo releases. Check them out you won't be disappointed. Plus the tapes are beautiful!

http://ponchorecords.bandcamp.com/

uU0JVyL.jpg

I've released quite a few tapes.  Only a few are OOP now like Muscle & Bone, Family Cat, Discourse.

What I have in print now is the following:

Crosseyed – S/T EP (mem. Of Family Cat, Springtime, Tiger Tail)

Fever./The Kids’ Crusade tape (mem. Of This Routine is Hell)

Colour Me Wednesday – I Thought It Was Morning

Pizza Underground – Demo Cassette featuring Macaulay Culkin

Ivadell – The Young Design  (members of Discourse and False Light)

Sundale – S/T cassette NEW

The Fake Boys – Demo 2013 tapes NEW (I don’t have too many left – Limited to 50)

Manalive – S/T cassette NEW

Man the Change – Defeated cassette

If anyone was interested, I'd put together a box of one of all these and whatever random free shit I can fit in for $35.00 PPD.  It's a mix of genres, but would be quick start for a cassette collection and a cheap way to discover some new music.  PM me if you would be into that.

Just finished my demo tonight, and I was considering self releasing it through my label, but I wanted to see if any one would be interested in it first, if I do a run I would probably sell them at cost at like $3. I don't want to throw away money on my own narcissism though. It's FFO:bedroom pop/emo/lofi stuff

a3839956827_2.jpg

Haunt - Portrait Demos

1. pink bellies (intro 2)

2. dandelion

3. self-portrait

4. tonight

5. echos

http://haunt420.bandcamp.com/album/portrait-demos

Take a listen and give me input please! I'd really appreciate it. I've never considered myself a musician  or talented musically in any way, so it was a proud moment for me to be able to finish this over 6 months. 

I told you before man, I really do dig it. I'd for sure purchase one. Really awesome you feel finished with it man. Must be an awesome feeling. After we talked a couple weeks ago about your little music project I downloaded that silly old FL studio (since it was like half the size of ableton) and I made a pretty bad rough little seven song demo if you wanna hear sometime. Its not really representative of the type of music I'd like to be a part of though. I feel the digital construction strips away too much intimacy and makes delivering sentimentality difficult. Plus I've only had the program a week so I really have no clues how to do anything on it lol.

But dude I do dig what you're going for on your stuff. Would purchase.

I told you before man, I really do dig it. I'd for sure purchase one. Really awesome you feel finished with it man. Must be an awesome feeling. After we talked a couple weeks ago about your little music project I downloaded that silly old FL studio (since it was like half the size of ableton) and I made a pretty bad rough little seven song demo if you wanna hear sometime. Its not really representative of the type of music I'd like to be a part of though. I feel the digital construction strips away too much intimacy and makes delivering sentimentality difficult. Plus I've only had the program a week so I really have no clues how to do anything on it lol.

But dude I do dig what you're going for on your stuff. Would purchase.

Thanks for the kind words man! I still use just Garageband for all my recording purposes, it lets a lot of shitty noise filter in through the internal mic it's nice. I'll have to grab ableton some day though so I can step up my game. Shoot me a link to that definitely I'd love to hear it! 

Random question - anyone know where I can find plastic cassette cases like were used for the This Will Destroy You Tunnel Blanket release?

I hate that stuff. Never Young used like a video game case and it doesn't fit in any of my boxes and it's hard to store. Don't use those pls. 

I hate that stuff. Never Young used like a video game case and it doesn't fit in any of my boxes and it's hard to store. Don't use those pls. 

It depends. I have a couple unorthodox cases that don't seem to 'go' anywhere - Never Young is one, the AJJ live double cassette is huge, I have a Tearjerker cassette that came in like a drawstring bag, Skeleton Lipstick came in a slightly larger thing similar to a DVD case which looked really nice but age has made the plastic blotchy on the cover image. Then of course there's the Saint Pepsi tape that came in a damn soda can, and the Holocaust Action Figures tape came in the Barbie doll box. A lot of this stuff is questionable - I feel like if it's in an actual case that holds the cassette snugly, I don't mind it not fitting in a generic tape holder. Soda cans, while neat, definitely doesn't go anywhere.

I'll tell ya what though, that Doom cassette set from some pages ago was huge and sleek and just kickass. I have no problem with that deluxe shit.