Black Metal Discussion Thread

So here's something interesting that was talked about in the Deafheaven thread.

These guys are an interesting group... and kind of laid the groundwork in a way for what Deafheaven does, with the shoegazey dark/clean framework they use. The band is called Cease Upon The Capitol.

They're an interesting group, and I'm not totally sure what to make of them, but their stuff from this 2007 EP is fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS1K05XuIGQ&list=FLU7IlvaWdrM8wO_hd0u9NkQ&index=1

These guys are an interesting group... and kind of laid the groundwork in a way for what Deafheaven does, with the shoegazey dark/clean framework they use. The band is called Cease Upon The Capitol.

They're an interesting group, and I'm not totally sure what to make of them, but their stuff from this 2007 EP is fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS1K05XuIGQ&list=FLU7IlvaWdrM8wO_hd0u9NkQ&index=1

I meant to check this out when someone posted about it in the Deafheaven thread. Thanks for the reminder!

Not necessarily new or obscure, but currently spinning the hell out of:

Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory and Injury  (post-bm, if you dig BDN, you'll prob like these guys)

Wolvserpent - Perigaea Antahkarana  (2-piece atmospheric/doomy sound)

Oubliette - Apparitions  (female death-y vocals, melodic)

I like Cease Upon The Capitol, but it's pretty standard fare mid-00's screamo. Not at all related to black metal or Deafheaven,,,

Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory and Injury  (post-bm, if you dig BDN, you'll prob like these guys)

I love spinning TG&I. I can put that on the list of albums I thought were pretty good in digital listens but blows me away on the record player.

I like Cease Upon The Capitol, but it's pretty standard fare mid-00's screamo. Not at all related to black metal or Deafheaven,,,

Is it? I'm not familiar with this genre at all. I'd love some suggestions for more stuff like this, though!

I mean, I can hear the black metal influences, especially that first track there. But yeah, it was interesting to me because it definitely is more screamo/post-hardcore at its roots.

That Altar of Plagues album is simply amazing...I also enjoyed the Wolvserpent record, but I haven't listened to it for a while now...definetely not an easy listen.

• 2 weeks later...