Black Metal Discussion Thread

I've been on a huge Ruins of Beverast kick lately. It's almost unbelievable that his albums are the works of a single person, with everything that's going on in there. His first records were fairly ordinary, lo-fi black metal that for the most part made me return to them through the slick incorporation of sludgy and gnarly ambient passages. Overall his first two albums sound dreadful, but there's plenty of truly inspiring songs hidden beneath and they're all the more rewarding when wading through the mess. 

I highly recommend checking out his third album though, which surprises with a great, heavy and elaborated production and tons of new stuff added to the mix. If you like your black metal deathened (or your death metal blackened, pick one) this is definitely one of the great albums of the last years.

the-ruins-of-beverast-blood-vaultse28094

Ruins of Beverast. Blood Vaults - The Blazing Gospel of Heinrich Kramer | Ván | Germany | 2013 || Black Metal, Death Metal, Sludge

BC: https://theruinsofbeverast.bandcamp.com/album/blood-vaults

Spotify: https://play.spotify.com/album/3ZexOPAnuDdKYWyzR6L3Nj

'Malefica' is a pretty good synopsis of everything that's going on and is arguably the best song on the record.

• 1 month later...