ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

at this point we can either:

read replies in an English accent or a Batman accent.

i alternate.

like logans up there. i read that in a Batman accent.

It's like Alfred and Batman having the weirdest convo ever!

This whole thing is nuts lol i feel kinda screwed from my secret santa because i got Ross and all i got was some stuff he probably didnt want. I got Lights Resolve and it seemed like he didnt look at my description and just sent me leftover ETR stuff. Kinda bummed when i opened it.

I am done buying ETR releases form here on out. I am so glad this thread exists

Let's try to keep the thread facts-based and rely on evidence rather than hearsay. 

Some people here know more about the Cartel story but have chosen not to share facts for whatever reason. (Out of respect for the band, out of fear of retaliation, I'm not sure?)

If people who have proof decide to post it, that's great.

Otherwise, let's try to keep accusations without proof out of this thread.  

Let's try to keep the thread facts-based and rely on evidence rather than hearsay. 

Some people here know more about the Cartel story but have chosen not to share facts for whatever reason. (Out of respect for the band, out of fear of retaliation, I'm not sure?)

I think the fact that Cartel was a "surprise release" is enough proof that something shady was going on. His one 'surprise release' happened to be a surprise to the band.

This whole thing is nuts lol i feel kinda screwed from my secret santa because i got Ross and all i got was some stuff he probably didnt want. I got Lights Resolve and it seemed like he didnt look at my description and just sent me leftover ETR stuff. Kinda bummed when i opened it.

I thought the same thing when I saw you post.

that would've probably ended the thread. It was molder coming in here and putting a lot on the line to lie and cover Ross's ass that really got things moving. Another in a line of dumb decisions Ross has made.

That wasn't the only thing molder said either. I guess it doesn't matter now. A day ago while I was reading this thread that guy posted again, pretty ballsy post, but deleted it. It was gone when I refreshed the page. Wish I had screen capped it now.

I think I have a very balanced and fair understanding of this situation now. Dweebs wanted dork records from dork record label and the dork record label pulled a total dweeb move and now the dweebs are upset and that the dork record label acted like a dweeb.

Am I close?

I thought the same thing when I saw you post.

That wasn't the only thing molder said either. I guess it doesn't matter now. A day ago while I was reading this thread that guy posted again, pretty ballsy post, but deleted it. It was gone when I refreshed the page. Wish I had screen capped it now.

WHAT'D IT SAY?

I think I have a very balanced and fair understanding of this situation now. Dweebs wanted dork records from dork record label and the dork record label pulled a total dweeb move and now the dweebs are upset and that the dork record label acted like a dweeb.

Am I close?

Nailed it.

Idea. Isn't that Nick Moore guy who posts here IN Cartel? Maybe he'd be more than willing to shed some light if he were approached.

Just saw this post:

If a plant warps 50 copies isn't that the plants fault? Wouldn't they replace it with 50 copies of the same variant and it would just take extra time?  

His story said 10 copies were warped and the plant said he had to order 50 at a minimum.

In my experience, plants have you sign a contract that explains there can be a 10% overrun or under run. 

It is very possible that the 10 warped copies are within that 10% and per the contract, the plant could've just refunded him for those copies as they were still fulfilling their agreement. 

That being said, most labels know not to put every single copy ordered from the plant up for preorder in case there is an under run which happens all the time. 

If he was doing the right thing, he would've either refunded the ten people or order the 50 minimum of the SAME COLOR and ship out those 10 copies. The fact is, he got greedy and decided to make a secret variant of 50 in order to use for trading or selling on the side as a special, more limited variant.

Sure, he gave some to friends and helpers. He's a real nice guy.