it's so funny seeing every generation of fans saying it's not as good as it used to be....or

Saturday Night Dead.....

But yeah there is good sketches and bad sketches now, just like there was 5,10, 20 or 40 years ago....

Your youthful memory just glosses over the bad and puts the good on pedal-stools.....

Anyone catch Jim Carrey asking about Brian Williams/making Matt Lauer REALLY uncomfortable on the red carpet event?  Hilarious.

Tina Fey looked like she wanted to just crawl in a hole.  Also, Jim Carrey slayed Al Franken, too.  

Also, when Chapelle was talking to whoever and then that other comedian came running up behind and TOTALLY dissed Chapelle, and you see Dave just STARRING him down afterwards, holy shit that was awesome!

it's so funny seeing every generation of fans saying it's not as good as it used to be....But yeah there is good sketches and bad sketches now, just like there was 5,10, 20 or 40 years ago....

True. But I'm not seeing any SNL skits making news like they used to. It reminds me of Facebook. Fun 6 years ago, For old people and parents now.

^ same

also, loosely related, but my roommate aggressively insisted upon muting the tv every single commercial break. it was whatever at first, but 4 1/2 hours later, i was ready to scream.

I dont remember that many skits ever making news.

You don't remember when skits were turned into  movies and SNL actors were in movies? The last decent movie that came out of SNL was Coneheads and I didn't even like it. Blues Brothers and Wayne's World were the best and that was 35 and 23 years ago.

You don't remember when skits were turned into  movies and SNL actors were in movies? The last decent movie that came out of SNL was Coneheads and I didn't even like it. Blues Brothers and Wayne's World were the best and that was 35 and 23 years ago.

And all of those movies did horribly....so Lorne stopped making SNL movies and instead started producing good stuff with former SNL actors.  Look at the careers of even very recent cast members like Kristen Wig, Fred Armisen, Seth Myers, and Andy Sandberg....all branching out from SNL to other Lorne produced shows/movies/etc

11 movies, 22 thumbs down.  

No skit from this show can sustain a full feature movie anymore.  I prefer that.  Let the actors go on and find their movie fame outside of sketch comedy.  The live aspect of the sketches is what makes them memorable, putting them in film where everything is edited and perfected just loses the magic that is SNL.  Just because they cant/dont make movies anymore doesnt mean SNL stinks.  

Only watched half of this due to other shows being on, but what I saw was hilarious. Celebrity Jeopardy was insanely good, and the ladies on weekend update  :wub: .  Will finish the rest tonight. I've been watching SNL since I was a kid, and still watch all of the new episodes. Sure they have some bad sketches/characters, and it's hard with a lot of new cast members, but they have some really great sketches/characters too. I feel like the writers always get better as the season progresses. The more they do it, the better they become. 

i've seen a bunch of snippets. taylor posted a few on instagram.

but even as badly as i want to see a full, snl-caliber production of what went on, nothing could possibly compare to being there, among the gods of entertainment, who are all shiiiiitfaced