best way to back up files?

Back up with the big 3

-Local (on a secondary drive in your home)

-Cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)

-Off Site (zipped up on a thumb drive or USB drive you keep at work or a friend's house)

I mostly agree with this, but I think Cloud/Off site are a little redundant and could be merged.

You want at least one local backup and then one off site (be it cloud or physical somewhere else).  Your data isn't really safe unless it's in at least two physical locations.  Pick what's convenient for you and go with it.

For most people, Dropbox or something similar is probably the easiest way for off site backup.  Storage is cheap as fuck these days and a lot of routers have USB ports that'll allow them to work as a NAS of some sort as well.  There ya go, that's 2 backup sources and even in a house fire, you'd still have your data in Dropbox.

Another thing to think about is that the time/monetary investment in backups is most likely way less than the investment in trying to recover everything if you don't have a backup.

As for iTunes Match.  It's expensive and it only covers music as far as I know.  I don't think it's really designed as a backup service per se, but could be used as one to some extent.  I'd recommend something that allows for storage of any data type.

1. Time Machine- I would suggest a DeLorean, as it is the most inexpensive because its fuel is composed of garbage.  You would use this to go back in time to stop whatever it is that has deleted your data.

2.  Though not as strong as an actual time machine, I suggest using the Time Machine option if you are a Mac user

3.  Carbon Copy Cloner will copy whatever files you would like to copy.  For instance, every couple of weeks I use this to copy the most important files on my computer (videos, music, writing) to an external hard drive 

We just bought a 4TB backup drive. I already had a 1TB backup. So we have those two and are considering a cloud backup source. Jimmy just has SO much music. I have a ton of photos and all my graphic design work, it would be pretty upsetting if we lost it all.