Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

final boss question

it's Gerhman? Still playing blind and I don't want to go into NG+ yet, can you still play after you beat the last boss or does it throw you in NG+ right away?

well that depends and i'm not sure how spoilery you want me to get. if you found and consumed a certain 3 items, then there's something else after gerhman. if not, beating gerhman sends you straight to NG+. also, submitting instead of fighting him sends you to NG+ as well

well that depends and i'm not sure how spoilery you want me to get. if you found and consumed a certain 3 items, then there's something else after gerhman. if not, beating gerhman sends you straight to NG+. also, submitting instead of fighting him sends you to NG+ as well

Thanks, I'm assuming it's the umbilical cords based on lore and the fact that I already have two....sounds like I have more hunting to do!

yup! there are four in the game, but you only need three. I believe that two are actually missable, so hopefully you're still able to get 1 more

Wow I actually just found a third one randomly in the Cathedral Ward. Turns out the prostitute NPC gave birth to something she shouldn't have.

I'm probably going to run through the areas another time to see if I can find more stuff that I missed, then take out the last boss and take a look online to see what other people have found for NG+

oh and I haven't finished the chalice dungeons, is their difficulty separate or does it go up with NG+?

Wow I actually just found a third one randomly in the Cathedral Ward. Turns out the prostitute NPC gave birth to something she shouldn't have.

I'm probably going to run through the areas another time to see if I can find more stuff that I missed, then take out the last boss and take a look online to see what other people have found for NG+

oh and I haven't finished the chalice dungeons, is their difficulty separate or does it go up with NG+?

good find! tip for exploration: check elevators. a lot of them have secret exits halfway up that you can roll out of to access tucked away areas. also you should've found one blood rock to upgrade one of your weapons to +10. make sure you grab that because those things are ridiculously limited.

chalice dungeons are separate, and they're actually a lot harder than NG+ after a certain point. the chalices you have and everything carry over to NG+. I haven't gotten too far into them at all, but rooks has said that the later ones are a bitch.

actually just saw a vid that confirms that leaving notes that get rated "fine" DOES help you. Although it seems highly situational.

When you get the "a message you wrote was rated fine" message, you get healed about the equivalent of a blood vial. Was watching a highlight reel where someone was about to die to a bloodsucker, but got the rated fine message and his health jumped a blood vial's worth and saved his life.

So how do chalice dungeons work? I did the first one but I can't make another because I don't have enough supplies. Where do you get more ritual blood and tomb mold?

lots of info out there but...

There's a couple in-game drops for some of this stuff (ritual blood etc.) mostly your best source is other chalice dungeons, though.

Level 1s will drop level 1 mats and level 2 mats

Level 2 drops 2 and 3 mats

3 drops 3 and 4 mats

4 drop 4 and 5 mats

5 drop 5 mats

So, you gotta run level 1s til you can run a 2 then 2s til you can do a 3 and on and on. Basically.

lots of info out there but...

There's a couple in-game drops for some of this stuff (ritual blood etc.) mostly your best source is other chalice dungeons, though.

Level 1s will drop level 1 mats and level 2 mats

Level 2 drops 2 and 3 mats

3 drops 3 and 4 mats

4 drop 4 and 5 mats

5 drop 5 mats

So, you gotta run level 1s til you can run a 2 then 2s til you can do a 3 and on and on. Basically.

Is it a good idea to grab root dungeons that were shared the most?

Is it a good idea to grab root dungeons that were shared the most?

Anything that says "Root" just means it is random. Anything without root is static and doesn't change.

So, people posting their codes for Ailing Loran Chalice - Beast claws! are dumb because every Ailing Loran chalice dungeon has beast claws in it.

If you run a root, you get random loot.

If you run a root based on a glyph someone else posted, you get whatever loot they said they got.

Anything that says "Root" just means it is random. Anything without root is static and doesn't change.

So, people posting their codes for Ailing Loran Chalice - Beast claws! are dumb because every Ailing Loran chalice dungeon has beast claws in it.

If you run a root, you get random loot.

If you run a root based on a glyph someone else posted, you get whatever loot they said they got.

Gotcha, thanks. Kinda pointless searching for other peoples root dungeons then.

Gotcha, thanks. Kinda pointless searching for other peoples root dungeons then.

Sorry, could have been more clear.

If you MAKE YOUR OWN root you get randomized map and loot.

If you USE A GLYPH SOMEONE POSTED you get THEIR randomized map/loot.

So, if you make a Sinister Isz Root Chalice Dungeon, you will have a brand new totally random map with random rewards.

If you make MY GLYPH Sinister Isz Root Chalice Dungeon, you will get a Blood Rock in the first sub room.

Naw'm saying? So Making other people's glyphs for root chalices are good because you already knwo the loot. I saw someone post one that had 3 Lost weapons in it. If I make a chalice using his glyph I will also get those 3 Lost weapon variants.

Sorry, could have been more clear.

If you MAKE YOUR OWN root you get randomized map and loot.

If you USE A GLYPH SOMEONE POSTED you get THEIR randomized map/loot.

So, if you make a Sinister Isz Root Chalice Dungeon, you will have a brand new totally random map with random rewards.

If you make MY GLYPH Sinister Isz Root Chalice Dungeon, you will get a Blood Rock in the first sub room.

Naw'm saying? So Making other people's glyphs for root chalices are good because you already knwo the loot. I saw someone post one that had 3 Lost weapons in it. If I make a chalice using his glyph I will also get those 3 Lost weapon variants.

Nonono I'm talking about using the search system in the game to find other peoples root dungeons. You can see who made it and the glyph, I was just wondering if the ones that say they were shared the most have special loot in them or something. I'm doing the most shared one either way, I'll let you know what it gives.

Nonono I'm talking about using the search system in the game to find other peoples root dungeons. You can see who made it and the glyph, I was just wondering if the ones that say they were shared the most have special loot in them or something. I'm doing the most shared one either way, I'll let you know what it gives.

Ohhh I see, I didn't even know that was there :)

did you stay close to him? i havent attempted anither go round yet.

i just tossed all my molotoves at him. Then I'd do my 2 hit spin atttack with the two handed axe when I dodged an attack or he bowed to do that screech that turns him blood red. Every time you get good hits in just run to the opposite side of the bridge to catch your breath and heal.