PO Now: Tame Impala - "Currents" 4th Single Out

This currency conversion has me all screwed up. My e-mail stated it was $80.63 (which I assumed was USD) because $69.99 + $17 shipping would have been around $87 but my bank account was hit for $64.56.

Currently the conversion rate is 1 AUD = 0.791138 USD so it seems about right.

It looks like the $80.63 is less the GST tax which may not be applicable since the transaction is outside of AUS. Seems to make sense, but who knows.

This currency conversion has me all screwed up. My e-mail stated it was $80.63 (which I assumed was USD) because $69.99 + $17 shipping would have been around $87 but my bank account was hit for $64.56.

Currently the conversion rate is 1 AUD = 0.791138 USD so it seems about right.

It looks like the $80.63 is less the GST tax which may not be applicable since the transaction is outside of AUS. Seems to make sense, but who knows.

I've seen the same thing happen when I ordered from Amazon UK.  It ended up being cheaper than what it said it would.  It does have something to do with taxes.

I took a chance and did the JB Hi-Fi one - if you look in the 'special offers' tab it looks like the same lenticular cards - worst case scenario they aren't and I still get the colored LPs - worth a chance... 

it's sods law as I just spent out on two LPs from them (JB) yesterday and may have been able to combine postage on this one. It's a killer them based in Aus!

This currency conversion has me all screwed up. My e-mail stated it was $80.63 (which I assumed was USD) because $69.99 + $17 shipping would have been around $87 but my bank account was hit for $64.56.

Currently the conversion rate is 1 AUD = 0.791138 USD so it seems about right.

I assumed that the currency was changed to U.S. when you were ordering. I'd feel a bit better if it did indeed come to around 63-65. I agree that I could do without the lenticular prints as well. I think its interesting that it shows the price for the colored vinyl only as being two dollars more expensive than the colored pre-order that came with extras. Seems a bit shady

What do you all think the probability of a colored edition being available in the US?

I feel like an Urban Outfitters exclusive edition is written all over this..

I just don't know if I should bite the bullet and order from Australia.

I personally like having the vinyl from the origin country of the band.