Game Of Thrones SEASON 5! (NO SPOILERS BOOK PEOPLE)

So tonight.

Wasn't stoked over Drogons appearance. Was hoping they would do that part like the book.

they might still - its possible.

but without the fat guy who eats the poison scarab thingy

I like when the series does something thats not in the book ( like the skeletons with bran ) but I don't like when they change the way things happened in the book. 

Jon becoming the lord commander was WAY cooler in the books...

Jon becoming the lord commander was WAY cooler in the books...

I like when the series does something thats not in the book ( like the skeletons with bran ) but I don't like when they change the way things happened in the book. 

Agreed. I was a bit taken aback when i saw Brienne in the Inn w/Sansa. I was excited for the new experience, but still scared and unsure of what might happen. like seeing real boobs for the 1st time.

No. Why would we?

Since the show is outpacing the books there have been fairly significant changes of late. This is somewhat one and it took me a little by surprise. Moreover, Ramsey is a douche. I don't think he got the torture is not foreplay raven.

Anyone else find Sansa really bland? I can't tell if it's the character or the actress but she just bores me whenever she's on screen.

I feel that Sansa gets short shrift from a lot of people. Granted she was  annoying and overly naive in the beginning. However, she was supposed an annoying, very sheltered, naive girl. Since then she has been through the ringer and is quickly learning  about the how this world really works. I really liked strong Sansa in the Eyrie and i hope she projects more strength and agency while she's back at Winterfell.

I haven't read the books, but the reason I was taken aback and said NOOOOOOO, was that I am worried what Ramsay might do to Sansa. Ramsay's lady friend didn't seem too happy that Sansa was there either. I don't even want to imagine what they think about doing to her. Thankfully Brienne is staying close.

Am I mistaken in thinking that this season is books 5 and 6 but next season will be too? The books are split geographically not chronologically but as I understood it the dirctors are including aspects from both books as to keep all of the stories on the same timeline. Right? Or am I crazy?

It's books 4 and 5. 6 has yet to be released. Next season may include just a bit of 5 but will probably be branching off.

Am I mistaken in thinking that this season is books 5 and 6 but next season will be too? The books are split geographically not chronologically but as I understood it the dirctors are including aspects from both books as to keep all of the stories on the same timeline. Right? Or am I crazy?

It's books 4 and 5. 6 has yet to be released. Next season may include just a bit of 5 but will probably be branching off.

Right I'm dumb and can't count. But I thought they were building a buffer for GRRM by doing first half of 4 & 5 this season and second half of 4 & 5 next season.

Its been a bit since I've finished the books but I'm fairly certain this season should end around the end of Dance with dragons. Not much from the books the haven't told.

There is somewhat of a buffer because this season won't have any Bran/Hodor. For the most part the show reached the end of that storyline in the books. The events of books 4 and 5 happen at the same time, but are split up mostly by character (essentially geographically). Book 4 has Sansa, Brienne, Sam and Jamie. and Book 5 has Tyrion, Jon, Dani and Theon. It was originally intended as a single book, but got too big and GRRM split them up - and then took like 5 years to release book 5.

Depending on the pacing they could reach the end of most storylines in the books. They could also stretch things out quite a bit. There a still more plot points from books 4/5 that haven't been addressed in the show. So they could add yet more characters/plotlines. Or just spend two episodes on the nuances of latrine trench digging. That should give GRRM plenty of time to finish off book 6.

There is somewhat of a buffer because this season won't have any Bran/Hodor. For the most part the show reached the end of that storyline in the books. The events of books 4 and 5 happen at the same time, but are split up mostly by character (essentially geographically). Book 4 has Sansa, Brienne, Sam and Jamie. and Book 5 has Tyrion, Jon, Dani and Theon. It was originally intended as a single book, but got too big and GRRM split them up - and then took like 5 years to release book 5.

Depending on the pacing they could reach the end of most storylines in the books. They could also stretch things out quite a bit. There a still more plot points from books 4/5 that haven't been addressed in the show. So they could add yet more characters/plotlines. Or just spend two episodes on the nuances of latrine trench digging. That should give GRRM plenty of time to finish off book 6.

GRRM is going to go belly up before he finishes his series just like Robert Jordan.  At this point with all the media attention he's probably afraid to touch it.  May as well just get somebody from HBO to ghost write the rest of the books and call it done.

OMG I am REALLY excited about where Sansa line is going, especially when the castle-maid lady said to Sansa something like "The North remembers the Starks".  Like it hjas been pointed out, Sansa's character has grown so much over the seasons... I actually really look forward to her storyline more and more.  

I love Jon Snow beheading that dude.  

GRRM is going to go belly up before he finishes his series just like Robert Jordan.  At this point with all the media attention he's probably afraid to touch it.  May as well just get somebody from HBO to ghost write the rest of the books and call it done.

I just started re-reading The Wheel of Time series after I found out last year that they finished the series by another author.  I have a feeling i'll never finish the series... I think I got to book 7 when it came out and gave up and they had just released the 10th book?  and then he died.

Interesting article on how long the show should/could go on (mentions some book storylines but as a (yet) non-reader of the books, I didn't really see them as spoilers since I don't know the connections).

I really want to get the all seasons-boxset once the show's over. I can easily rewatch the episodes all over again, which I can't say about many other shows (except Breaking Bad perhaps).

Also, Episode 4 will air tonight (which I thought was pretty crazy) and I can't wait for next week already.

I just started re-reading The Wheel of Time series after I found out last year that they finished the series by another author.  I have a feeling i'll never finish the series... I think I got to book 7 when it came out and gave up and they had just released the 10th book?  and then he died.

I'm the exact same way and also just started reading it again, but yeah, not sure how far I'll get this time.

Also, tonight's GoT was way better than the first three, and the promo for next week has me excited