Game Of Thrones SEASON 5! (NO SPOILERS BOOK PEOPLE)

Well I think someone on reddit was correct when they said that nothing that happened in that episode is in the books. Things are getting crazy but I think in a good way. I like their separation so far. However the sand snakes are awful. Least favorite part of the episode.

Wired does a pretty good breakdown of series vs book every Monday morning.  My main gripe about this episode is that they should have spent more time on fight choreography to make Selmy look more impressive.

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/game-of-thrones-recap-s05-ep04/

Wired does a pretty good breakdown of series vs book every Monday morning. My main gripe about this episode is that they should have spent more time on fight choreography to make Selmy look more impressive.

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/game-of-thrones-recap-s05-ep04/

I also didn't like that the unsullied went against their fighting style and it was every man for himself.

Well I think someone on reddit was correct when they said that nothing that happened in that episode is in the books. Things are getting crazy but I think in a good way. I like their separation so far. However the sand snakes are awful. Least favorite part of the episode.

I wasn't really sold on the sand snakes either. That said, i am glad they didn't get the actresses who played Anna Lucia from Lost and Kat from BSG.

I agree with that.  The whole scene was sort of sloppy. 

It's pretty obvious that those long spears aren't very effective in close quarters but having discipline just fly out the window doesn't really jive with the 'warrior from birth' backstory.

It was a bit sloppy. I know they were pointing out that the unsullied's open field training isn't the best for a close quarters urban insurgency, but i would have expected a bit more discipline.

That could've been a lot worse. I'm hoping they start bring some of these characters together because the show is spread so thin and its getting bad. Hopefully stannis/boltons/brianne come together as well as Tyrian/Dany.

Yea I think some will be coming together and others will be ending in some way or another.

Ramsay making Theon watch ... as if it wasn't bad enough already. He better have a worse death than Joffrey, that piece of shit.

That could've been a lot worse. I'm hoping they start bring some of these characters together because the show is spread so thin and its getting bad. Hopefully stannis/boltons/brianne come together as well as Tyrian/Dany.

They obviously all will, probably by Episode 8. The war is about to start and Stannis wants to kill the Boltons, while Brienne targets both, since she wants to avenge Renly's death and save Sansa.

Kinda surprised Tyrion and Jorah got captured since I also expected them to get to Meereen faster. But still, I'm sure they'll get there soon.

I'm wondering if something bad will happen to Sansa via the Boltons and that will finally tip Jon over the edge and get him to leave the watch. Just a random thought.

They have a lot of runway left but at this point, this season has been pretty bleh.  They seem to be in a character development slump.  Some are still being done well (Tyrion, Jon Snow), others were being done well but now are sort of not (Jamie), and others seem to have massive missed opportunities to improve (Sansa).

And what was with that fight scene?  It has to be the worst of the series.  Flash back to Eddard Vs Jamie and then compare with Bronn shuffling around last night.

They have a lot of runway left but at this point, this season has been pretty bleh. They seem to be in a character development slump. Some are still being done well (Tyrion, Jon Snow), others were being done well but now are sort of not (Jamie), and others seem to have massive missed opportunities to improve (Sansa).

And what was with that fight scene? It has to be the worst of the series. Flash back to Eddard Vs Jamie and then compare with Bronn shuffling around last night.

Fight scene was terrible. Sand Snakes are terrible.

They have a lot of runway left but at this point, this season has been pretty bleh.  They seem to be in a character development slump.  Some are still being done well (Tyrion, Jon Snow), others were being done well but now are sort of not (Jamie), and others seem to have massive missed opportunities to improve (Sansa).

And what was with that fight scene?  It has to be the worst of the series.  Flash back to Eddard Vs Jamie and then compare with Bronn shuffling around last night.

Then flashback again to the epic Brianne/Sandor Clegane fight! Probably, more intense of a fight than Gregor/Oberyn for me because I didn't want either of them to get killed. I do hope Ramsay has a fitting end because he is already set up to be the most terrible human being depicted on the show. 

Then flashback again to the epic Brianne/Sandor Clegane fight! Probably, more intense of a fight than Gregor/Oberyn for me because I didn't want either of them to get killed. I do hope Ramsay has a fitting end because he is already set up to be the most terrible human being depicted on the show. 

I was particularly bummed out that they put all the elements in place for Sansa to finally turn the tables and take charge of her situation.  Stannis should roll up to Winterfell to find that it has already been taken and the Boltons are locked up in the dog kennel.

Instead, we get the ol' rape-aroo.

I have found this season to be quite boring honestly. We are now 6 episodes in and its been alot of "i dont really care" story arcs. I feel they at times should spend more of an episode just hammering out one or two peoples stories instead of showinf chunks of like 20 different stories. It makes all of them develop slowly to me.

I have found this season to be quite boring honestly. We are now 6 episodes in and its been alot of "i dont really care" story arcs. I feel they at times should spend more of an episode just hammering out one or two peoples stories instead of showinf chunks of like 20 different stories. It makes all of them develop slowly to me.

Couldn't agree more.

I finish every episode thinking they have set it up perfectly for something good in the next one and then it doesn't seem to go anywhere.