Records Ordered But Never Recieved For Unknown Reasons

I'm honestly scared to look.

Being in Canada means heavy shipping costs. If we had media mail like you do in the states I'd order a lot more than I do now. Looking back through my email order history and finding albums I haven't received would give my wife more "fuel for the fire". I'm not looking.

That said, when was that Nerf Herder album supposed to drop? I'm waiting on "a copy of the first album with their new album" package....

I'm honestly scared to look.

Being in Canada means heavy shipping costs. If we had media mail like you do in the states I'd order a lot more than I do now. Looking back through my email order history and finding albums I haven't received would give my wife more "fuel for the fire". I'm not looking.

That said, when was that Nerf Herder album supposed to drop? I'm waiting on "a copy of the first album with their new album" package....

Come on bro. Clean out that dusty inbox.

This has never happened to me.

You're a lucky duck.

And I'M a lucky duck - my no-shows were all under 15 bucks. I read all the horror stories about musicveins11 and things on here and I have to consider myself fortunate this wasn't more serious. It's more about the bafflement, the complete vanishing of the salesperson. I don't get it.

I never got a Joseph Huber record I ordered but that one is on me.  I was supposed to pick it up at his show and I never did so that's on me.

I missed the Candyman Soundtrack from when I moved and didn't update my address so thats on me.

The only one I know of that isn't on me is the Pretty Boy Thorson test press that I ordered 8 months back or so.  Edit - Just went and checked I ordered that one in December of 2013.  Eh, I'm not mad shit happens.

The only one I know of that isn't on me is the Pretty Boy Thorson test press that I ordered 8 months back or so.  Edit - Just went and checked I ordered that one in December of 2013.  Eh, I'm not mad shit happens.

Self quote, woo hoo.

Funny thing I just went to the mailbox and low and behold I got the Pretty Boy Thorson record in the mail today.

What do you guys think about the difference between one of us saying "oh well! It's only X dollars. I won't ask for a refund/re-order" and a label/group expecting us to reply like that or insinuating that that is the proper response?

Because I feel like the right thing to do is for the label/group to fulfill the order or provide compensation every time an order is made. And that any loss/risk should be absorbed by the label/group and never by the customer.

If a kind soul decides it's not worth their time or they want to rewrite their purchase as a donation to a label/group they love, I feel like that's totally awesome. But shouldn't become the expected result or the "be cool about it" standard.

I ordered a 7" split record of Days N Daze / Railyard Ghosts in a kickstarter or indiegogo or something back last year and I never received it.  I contacted the band and they said they were going on a European tour but they'd get back to me.  Several messages later, nothing came from it.  $25 down the drain, but I figure it's like me giving them money for all the free music I downloaded.  Meh.