Rock Band 4 / Guitar Hero Live

In a teaser video, Harmonix devs were saying that RB4 is likely the last installment of the series, and they plan to pull out the stops to make it as "future proof" as possible. Hopefully this makes for more DLC avenues. I had a lot of fun with the RBN tracks - and some of my favorite purchases, ever, were third-party DLC - but they were reduced to a trickle at the end there. I'd love to see a longer, stabilized lifetime for DLC going forward.

Rock Band 4 is going to blow GH Live away. Full backwards compatability with all my DLC from Rock Band 2, 3, and Green Day make 4 a "will buy" for me. I really don't want to buy more plastic instruments, I also think the new layout for Guitar Hero just doesn't look like it will work well.

I'm gunning for RB4 out of the gate, it seems like it's a huge fan service by working to have backwards compatibility with controllers + having all previously purchased DLC cross over free of charge. GH:L seems interesting but I don't get the draw, I have a feeling the GH:TV app will go the paid route for the majority of songs and the on-disc set list will run dry with the 2 background options you're presented. I don't see the benefit of FMV for a console game, if this was arcade based then maybe. 

Kind of off topic but...anybody have any experience with Rocksmith? I used to have people to jam with and stuff every weekend. Now I barely even play guitar and my skills are just waning. I thought about picking this up just to give myself an excuse to play and maybe learn new things and challenge myself again. Good idea/bad idea?

Kind of off topic but...anybody have any experience with Rocksmith? I used to have people to jam with and stuff every weekend. Now I barely even play guitar and my skills are just waning. I thought about picking this up just to give myself an excuse to play and maybe learn new things and challenge myself again. Good idea/bad idea?

I thought it was too easy, but I'm a shred metal player. I have a cable I'll sell if you wqnt.ant.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually just got a new guitar after not playing for a while.  I picked this game up to get back into the swing of things.  I think it's great.  It starts you off easy and then adapts to your skills.  There's a pretty good variety of songs and a ton of DLC available.  

• 1 month later...

New song list released:

Aerosmith – “Toys in the Attic”

The Cure – “Friday I’m In Love”

Dream Theater – “Metropolis - Part 1 “The Miracle And The Sleeper””

Foo Fighters – “The Feast and the Famine”

Judas Priest – “Halls Of Valhalla”

Live – “All Over You”

The Outfield – “Your Love”

Ozzy Osbourne – “Miracle Man”

Paramore – “Still Into You”

St. Vincent – “Birth In Reverse”