I'm interested to see how it all wraps up, between the believers and non-believers. Or if there's anything to believe in. And the fact that a second season is in the works makes me wonder how they keep it going.

Second season? I hadn't heard about this. Everything I heard was that they wanted to make it a concise ten episodes. Source?

If I had to guess a possible second season story, it would be all the parents died and the kids are taking over. Just because they keep talking about the kids being the future.

I guess we could just read the novels and find out. Reminds me of how they're treating The Leftovers second season where they will be moving to Texas and half of the characters won't be in the show.

Anyone really enjoy this until the last 3 minutes...

I agree, the final scene was pretty damn ridiculous. I guess in a book's sense that would be more compelling but given they weren't setting up a second season that was a poor way to close out the series.

All in all I enjoyed it as a whole. This is one of those shows that would have made an even better video game ;)

In the books:

• Sheriff Pope is left behind after Pilcher shows Ethan what's left of the world, not killed by the son.
  • Theresa and Ben are recruited into Wayward Pines, and awoken way before Ethan, I think 5 years roughly. She and Hassler live together before he goes outside the fence per Pilcher, looking for any other signs of life.
  • Pam was a teenage runaway who Pilcher had taken in, and basically groomed to be the crazy bitch she appeared to be at the start of the series.
  • After Ethan reveals the truth to everyone, Pilcher turns off the power, but after many deaths, Ethan and company are able to regain control. Hassler comes back to find Theresa and Ethan together, and after Harold passes, Kate and Hassler wind up together.
  • Ethan decides one of the best things to do is "leave" Pines. The world is overtaken by Abbies, but They had one in seclusion, and it was nowhere near as violent as the other. In hopes that they may live in harmony one day, putting a bunch of people back into suspended animation, and the final epilogue of the last book is Ethan opening his eyes another few thousand years in the future.

<p>

In the books:

• Sheriff Pope is left behind after Pilcher shows Ethan what's left of the world, not killed by the son.
  • Theresa and Ben are recruited into Wayward Pines, and awoken way before Ethan, I think 5 years roughly. She and Hassler live together before he goes outside the fence per Pilcher, looking for any other signs of life.
  • Pam was a teenage runaway who Pilcher had taken in, and basically groomed to be the crazy bitch she appeared to be at the start of the series.
  • After Ethan reveals the truth to everyone, Pilcher turns off the power, but after many deaths, Ethan and company are able to regain control. Hassler comes back to find Theresa and Ethan together, and after Harold passes, Kate and Hassler wind up together.
  • Ethan decides one of the best things to do is "leave" Pines. The world is overtaken by Abbies, but They had one in seclusion, and it was nowhere near as violent as the other. In hopes that they may live in harmony one day, putting a bunch of people back into suspended animation, and the final epilogue of the last book is Ethan opening his eyes another few thousand years in the future.

Wow, bummer they didn't go that route. It sounds much more compelling. So in the book did Ethan and Kate have history or was that pushed more so by the show?

Wow, bummer they didn't go that route. It sounds much more compelling. So in the book did Ethan and Kate have history or was that pushed more so by the show?

They had a history. Same as the show. Hassler quietly pined over Theresa. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was the reason Theresa and Ben ended up in Wayward Pines in the first place.

That would have made his character so much better on the show. He came off as a bit of a putz.

Yeah, they really didn't utilize him like I thought they would. His character was more fleshed out in the future world in the third book. You actually don't realize who he is, as he goes by

Tobias, which is his middle name.