ISO: crescendo-core bands

I'm listening to "Its Not Me, It's You" right now and this CRUSHES.

I've always been a Key guy over It's Not You, personally. Don't hesitate to check that one out.

If you dig Audrey Fall, check out Sisters Of...

I'd argue that Sisters Of... are far more crunchier and riff-focused, as a whole, but I agree. Stellar post-metal. I'm still frequently enjoying the new album they put out a few months ago.

also check out maybeshewill - i was here for a moment, then i was gone

Definitely. It may have more piano and strings than you're used to, Gumbo, but I think it's an exemplary testament that post-rock is hardly dead.

Still Sannhet. Do it. They rule.

Backed.

Currently REALLY REALLY enjoying PG.Lost

Not super-exactly what I was looking for, but I'm listening to "Its Not Me, It's You" right now and this CRUSHES.

Great to hear! As Derek said, though, check out Key while you're at it. While I do favor It's Not Me!... above all else in their discography, Key is essential listening.

i was going to recommend ITTCT but you're already on that one. what about beware of safety?

also check out maybeshewill - i was here for a moment, then i was gone

I actually have "Dogs" by Beware of Safety on CD, its a good album.

Maybeshewill is awesome. Fair Youth is my favorite album, that shit kills. The piano is brilliant. They remind me a lot of Waking Aida, who's album "Eschaton" is really great. Waking Aida is a little more... bright and poppy, sort of. More jamband-y in their post-rock approach. Hard to explain. Not as serious and dark and heavy as Maybeshewill can get.

Is the band Sanhett what you guys were talking about?

Oo yeahhh this is actually pretty good.... this is kind of exactly what I was looking for. Heavier, faster, more intense post-rock.

Edit: These guys seem to be more metal, which is still cool... the song I was listening to was building more like a sleepmakeswaves song kind of but then they went into blastbeats haha.

By the way the people in the few threads I saw were talking, I kinda thought there was ass-tons of bands like Caspian, Sleepmakeswaves, If These Trees Could Talk, etc.

Listening to "Sisters Of..." right now. Very riffy and metal. I hope they bust into some speed-pick lead climaxes.... that would crush over these heavy riffs and grooves, and if they added some delay-rich guitar atmospherics.

EDIT AGAIN: YES YES YES THIS MUSIC!!!!

I'm listening to "In A Sea of Red Strands" by Sisters Of... and this is pretty much exactly what I'm after, minus the speed-picking crescendos. Its cool because they get even heavier, but man... that bridge groove KILLED.

Waking Aida was my 2014 album of the year. Out of all genres. The mathy/poppy post-rock combo was so damn infectious. Needs a vinyl pressing very badly.

I forgot to suggest Cecilia::Eyes also. Huge epic builds with enormous pay offs in their songs. Very shoegaze heavy post-rock. Check out the album "Here Dead We Lie" first.

Also if you want a download of Jakob's "Sines", I just found an unused code. PM me!

You are a lucky man to have that.

I will certainly buy it soon.

I kind of hate that I keep discovering more bands that I love whose albums I need to own on vinyl.

This is getting expensive.

Lol yep. Just don't ever decide to go Caspian vinyl hunting. Or first press ITTCT stuff.

And yes, Magna Carta is insane. My fav from Sines.