PO: Bring Me The Horizon - That's The Spirit

I'm down with that.  Black fits the theme of the record & the umbrella perfectly.

Frontman Oli Sykes said about the album's title: "It's a celebration of depression, a way of making light of it."

"'That's the Spirit' - it's quite a depressing phrase when you think about it - the sort of thing you only ever use when you know there's no positive answer to the situation."

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the umbrella with the rain under it.  A representation of not being able to get out of the rain, even under a kind of shelter.

Nothing wrong without buying a record 23859064237905 times just to get all the different exclusives, editions, variants & colors, right??  I would like to see the 7" be sold separately, though.

• 2 weeks later...
BMTH.png

Doesn't look like it's available on hmv.com's website, assuming this is only in-store.  The 7" with that $100 bundle on 24hundred.net is also Happy Song, but doesn't show the same cover, but rather a black cover with the umbrella.  I would imagine these would be more widely available later, but who knows.  With that said, if anybody grabs one of these & would like to grab me a copy, I would appreciate it & compensate you well for it!   :)

Anyways, I also noticed this morning they released Drown from That's The Spirit to anyone who pre-ordered a digital copy, and they refer to it as the "new" Drown.  I haven't heard it yet but I'm assuming they rerecorded it a little differently for the full length LP.  

Anyways, I also noticed this morning they released Drown from That's The Spirit to anyone who pre-ordered a digital copy, and they refer to it as the "new" Drown.  I haven't heard it yet but I'm assuming they rerecorded it a little differently for the full length LP.  

sounds pretty much identical

sounds pretty much identical

Weird, I wonder why they're calling it the new version.  

I pulled the trigger on the $112 "mega vinyl" bundle on 24hundred.  $112.90 AUD = $80.25 USD, so it was a little cheaper than I'd anticipated.  I thought the price listed was USD, so it wasn't quite as bad as I thought.  And I'll get a That's The Spirit hat & shirt out of the deal.  I'll take it.

Got my copy from Amazon today. This shit rules. "True Friends" is a bit of a turd, but the album is great in its entirety.

Does it come with a CD or download? I ask because I was thinking of going to pick up the CD at Target in a bit and if the vinyl comes with one I might as well spring for the vinyl right now so I don't have two copies.