Black Friday RSD - 2015

I picked up the Sonics 50 boxset but could not find a download code in the package anywhere.  Anyone else experience this?  The set looks amazing but it would be nice to have the downloads...

I just checked mine and I didn't get one either. Weird, because it clearly said on the back it came with one.

Ween - The Pod, anyone seen any leftovers, cop an extra? Didn't make it out in time but consoled by Taak and Boris - Flood Live showing up in the mailbox today.

It's been 5 hours since I was there but Amoeba was loaded with those when I left. LA is definitely low on Ween fans compared to some other parts of the country.

Nope. You can't sell online until the evening so people have a chance to run through their normal business days without competing with anyones online store. This is a very clear violation of The Pledge. This is also a huge store taking bites out of small stores. I mean you're living proof. They broke the rules so they got your money instead of us. Something tells me they'll get a slap on the wrist and that'll be it. Such a bummer. We need every dollar.

I  mean have you noticed that it's them and like 2 other stores selling ahead of time? If it was something everyone could do we'd all have stuff online at midnight before we open or something. It's not "sell shit online day" it's "get peoples physical bodies into a record store day"

I will still purchase from you as you are my favorite store, though I live in Texas. I still have a few things I want. I'm sure a lot of stores have some much shit stock from this terrible BFRSD that they needed to sell it.

Definitely appreciate the patronage for sure. Small stores need it badly.

now i feel bad for not waiting for 1234go... 

It's alright. I get it. It's Amoeba who's at fault here. Sadly I doubt anything will happen and we'll be out thousands of dollars during a really tight time for us...especially after spending so much money ordering stuff for this specific day.

I  mean have you noticed that it's them and like 2 other stores selling ahead of time? If it was something everyone could do we'd all have stuff online at midnight before we open or something. It's not "sell shit online day" it's "get peoples physical bodies into a record store day"

Yeah, I've recently found myself trying to avoid Amoeba if the albums can be found at other stores.   They've jacked up there prices recently anyways.  Problem today was that most my local shops A) likely had limited supplies B) ordered based on genre [indie rock] and wouldn't have had the two releases I actually wanted.

It's alright. I get it. It's Amoeba who's at fault here. Sadly I doubt anything will happen and we'll be out thousands of dollars during a really tight time for us...especially after spending so much money ordering stuff for this specific day.

always a rough spot as a consumer without a local market, trying to get these "limited" releases.

i thought it was weird that they were selling releases at midday, but it's difficult to pass on that when it was in stock with no tax and free shipping. plus shipment notification has already been received.

always a rough spot as a consumer without a local market, trying to get these "limited" releases.

i thought it was weird that they were selling releases at midday, but it's difficult to pass on that when it was in stock with no tax and free shipping. plus shipment notification has already been received.

I too have shipping notifications.

Yeah they are intentionally doing this. They know full well they're in the wrong and they're doing it anyway. The pledge is really clear about this stuff and this is a massive violation of it. Something totally against the spirit of the day. Truly disappointing and stores like mine are going to pay the price for it.