[PO]: Maserati - Rehumanizer

Temporary Residence has the new Maserati album up for preorder. As usual, there is an "unlimited" black and a colored variant ("exploding sun") /500. It's also worth noting that the black variant is actually 180g, not sure if the retail would be as well, but I'd assume so.

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr257

New song on the product page as well.

Maserati are a band obsessed with process. Specifically, they're obsessed with the process of marrying the past to the future — retro futurists hellbent on forging Krautrock and classic rock into one motorik, monolithic vehicle. Rehumanizer is the most accomplished product of that process to date, a marriage of man and machine that plays like a supergroup comprised of Gary NumanCluster, and Pink Floyd. Building songs up bit by bit — and breaking them back down to their barest elements — Maserati fully embraced technology as a songwriting tool. The band takes greater risks than ever, sonically experimenting on the fly and incorporating unprocessed vocals for the first time ever. For the past decade Maserati has built a career out of relentless forward momentum – a tight, sleek, chugging beast that drove towards the sun and rarely veered off course. Rehumanizer maintains that same ambition and sense of abandon, but is distinctly as much man as it is machine – a true alliance of the past and the future.

Temporary Residence has the new Maserati album up for preorder. As usual, there is an "unlimited" black and a colored variant ("exploding sun") /500. It's also worth noting that the black variant is actually 180g, not sure if the retail would be as well, but I'd assume so.

According to their Instagram post, the color variant is 180 gram as well.

If this album sounds exactly like the last two albums which were near identical, I'm out immediately.

I dunno; I really enjoyed Maserati VII for whatever reason.  Not as much as Inventions For The New Season, but I still find it pretty entertaining and groovy.

Thanks for posting - new track is perfect Maserati!

That description and album art had me super hesitant, but I'd agree.  Gonna' go in with a blind PO on this one.  'Cause TRL.

I just can't get over how uninteresting the style of the last two albums is. Sounds like this one will be more of the same.

I didn't dislike them strongly, but I didn't really like them that much either.  I can't see myself revisiting them.  I'll listen to this when the opportunity presents itself, I just don't see myself really being excited for it.

I have to say I'm a much larger fan of this band in a live setting....feel like there's quite a bit lost to the recording process

I have yet to see them live, but the only live video of any band I have downloaded/saved to my hard drive and revisit is their performance in Knoxville, October before Jerry died. That short set is just flawless.

The music since then is more techno / beat, but besides Robert Fripp's League Of Gentlemen and Turing Machine, I don't have any dance music to play when company comes over. So, this has been preordered from TRL (who still charges exactly what media mail shipping costs). :)

I can definitely understand the apathy though. 

• 2 months later...

One pass through and I really, really like this album!  I will definitely catch them live when they get back from  Europe tour if they get within 3 hrs drive, which is to say it's RDU or DC area, but maybe we will get lucky and they hit RVA.

Opening with a 10:00 track - gutsy move.

No comments to avoid spoiling or entice the lukewarm on this, just to say if you love Maserati, I don't see how you can not love this - and I think it's better than VII.

edit: Love the heft and color of the vinyl as well. Sometimes TRL productions can be a little 'lean.'

SO glad I gambled on this  -- which makes up for the Cheatahs disappointment (so far, hoping it will grow).  This Maserati is going to get plenty of listens :)