PO: Okkervil River Black Sheep Boy 10th Anniversary 3 LP Deluxe Boxset

Coming December 4th. Courtesy of SC Distribution. Black Sheep Boy, Appendix and a new LP of blues and folk covers. I for one am excited. They're one of my all time favorite bands and BSB Appendix is my favorite album of theirs.

http://www.scdistribution.com/okkervil/index.php?action=add_to_cart&catalog=JAG280lp&format=3xLP&quantity=1

This is a weird and intriguing one - I do love this album (my favourite OR album), but they've already released it in a single disc plus double disc (the Appendix), so it's kind of weird to re-release it again, as I imagine many dedicated fans don't want to buy it a third time. I'd need to see what the blues/folk covers look like.

It also comes with five screen printed limited edition posters and an extensive book of liner notes. Not sure if that's enough to justify buying it but I'm certainly intrigued. I'm trying to get everything OR has released on vinyl so this is a must for me. I understand not wanting to buy it a third time though.

This is a weird and intriguing one - I do love this album (my favourite OR album), but they've already released it in a single disc plus double disc (the Appendix), so it's kind of weird to re-release it again, as I imagine many dedicated fans don't want to buy it a third time. I'd need to see what the blues/folk covers look like.

Tracklist for the covers LP:

Volume III: There Swims a Swan:

01 Goodnight Irene

02 I'm in Love With Susan Smith

03 See See Rider

04 Knoxville Girl

05 Satan Is Real

06 Good Liquor Gonna Carry Me Down

07 Willow Tree

08 Moonshiner

09 Oh, The Wind and Rain

10 What Are They Doing in Heaven Today

11 Trouble in Mind

I just started listening to this band yesterday and will have to decide if it's something I want. I love the Washington Phillips original of What Are They Doing In Heaven Today and like Jacob said, the Mogwai version was cool too.

I just started listening to this band yesterday and will have to decide if it's something I want. I love the Washington Phillips original of What Are They Doing In Heaven Today and like Jacob said, the Mogwai version was cool too.

What have you been listening to?  I think, ultimately, my favorite album is Don't Fall in Love With Everyone You See.

i get real excited when new people listen to this band.

My favorite songs not on that album, off the top of my head:

lost coastlines

black

a stone

bruce wayne campbell interviewed on the roof of the chelsea hotel, 1979

a myth

piratess

seas too far to reach

so come back i'm waiting ( i never truly loved this song until I heard it live )

the war criminal rises and speaks

Must be the magic of such a good band that most of my favourite Okkervil River songs are pretty different (though they definitely include some of what you picked)

Some of my faves not included in your list:

Dead Dog Song

The Latest Toughs

Mermaid

The President's Dead

Plus Ones (I love the lyrics to this)

Okkervil River Song

For Real

It Was My Season

Another Radio Song

What have you been listening to?  I think, ultimately, my favorite album is Don't Fall in Love With Everyone You See.

i get real excited when new people listen to this band.

My favorite songs not on that album, off the top of my head:

lost coastlines

black

a stone

bruce wayne campbell interviewed on the roof of the chelsea hotel, 1979

a myth

piratess

seas too far to reach

so come back i'm waiting ( i never truly loved this song until I heard it live )

the war criminal rises and speaks

BSB is my favorite of theirs but Down The River of Golden Dreams is probably their best record start to finish

• 2 months later...