Mark Lanegan - The Sub Pop Boxset

Amazon has finally put it on sale and I have been able to buy it for $106 (or less :D ) shipping costs included. I'm so happy!

Hmmm...all I need is Field Songs so I guess I'm hoping for individual releases. 

Sub Pop Facebook's Page replied this in a Facebook comment:

•  
  • Will the LP's be released individually at all?

I'm also confused as to why eBay is the best way to get it into the hands of "someone who collects Lanegan." If that was your goal, maybe let someone else at the actual Lanegan show buy it for whatever it was going for (I assume less than $200) instead of buying it, jacking up the price, and putting it on the biggest secondary market in the world.

I didn't read all of that but thanks for the morning laughter! I actually have the Whiskey test press (it did come sealed) that I paid $175 for. It's a shame you didn't offer the test pressing to someone on the whiskey forums since I'm sure people have helped you get limited items on there in the past at cost. It just seemed odd that you were so excited to get that test from a musician you obviously greatly admire only to flip it a few days later.

Yeah, it's a cool item and all but remix tests aren't going to fetch the kind of dollars a regular album test would. I offered $100, which is what I paid for the Blues Funeral test. The Blues test isn't as limited but if that and the remix test were in front of me and I only had cash for one I'd pick Blues. Looks like it sold though.

Yeah, it's a cool item and all but remix tests aren't going to fetch the kind of dollars a regular album test would. I offered $100, which is what I paid for the Blues Funeral test. The Blues test isn't as limited but if that and the remix test were in front of me and I only had cash for one I'd pick Blues. Looks like it sold though.

yeah I offered him 95 and he turned it down too.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received a ship notice an hour ago from Sub Pop.  My order includes the box, Blues Funeral, Bubblegum, and a SP slipmat. Email doesn't give details (tracking# doesn't register yet- I paid for 3 day UPS) but my acct shows the full order as shipped.

I'm jealous, still waiting on my shipping notice.

I'm jealous, still waiting on my shipping notice.

Nuthin' to be jealous of- email today says they rarely split an order but since the Lanegan box has its own custom shipping box, they sent the in-stock items separate. Now my entire order shows as shipped in my acct, so I hope it's not passed over when they do start shipping the box set..

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived today, bouncing around inside a bigger box with no padding.  shrink is a little scuffed/split but all else with packaging is good.  Albums are all sealed inside, nice gatefolds.  Haven't opened any yet.  

I guess the flaps were designed/glued to provide some stable space but mine was bouncing around.

lanegan2.jpg
lanegan1.jpg
lanegan3.jpg

Weird they packed it that way, the sleater kinney box was packed extremely well.

Arrived today, bouncing around inside a bigger box with no padding.  shrink is a little scuffed/split but all else with packaging is good.  Albums are all sealed inside, nice gatefolds.  Haven't opened any yet.  

I guess the flaps were designed/glued to provide some stable space but mine was bounding around
lanegan2.jpg