PO: Sufjan Stevens - Illinois (10th Anniversary)

Is this the 10th anniversary edition?

Yes it is.

will this be limited? any reason to pre order?

Yes - 10,000. Pre-order necessary? Who knows. Same amount as clear Carrie and Lowell - but this is a release a lot of people have, but it's more known? Tough to say demand on it. Although the pre-order on their site sold super fast.

Yes it is.

Yes - 10,000. Pre-order necessary? Who knows. Same amount as clear Carrie and Lowell - but this is a release a lot of people have, but it's more known? Tough to say demand on it. Although the pre-order on their site sold super fast.

amazon doesn't charge til they ship so I guess it's worth it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://store.asthmatickitty.com/products/sufjan-stevens-chicago-demo-misprint?variant=11236710213

Please note: this is also included in every Special 10th Anniversary Blue Marvel Edition of Illinois.

We pressed 2,000 Chicago-city-flag star-shaped 12" singles of a demo version of "Chicago" for the Blue Marvel edition of Illinois, but made an error: we printed 45 RPM on the label instead of the correct 33RPM.  "I made a lot of mistakes." We're now selling these separately and hope you enjoy (at 33RPM).

Same - Don't need an error press of something I'm already getting. 2000 copies of an error shaped record though? That's a costly mistake.

Which is why they are trying to sell them I guess.  :rolleyes: I do not have Illinois on vinyl so I'll be getting this for sure so I'm not buying again to help cover their mistake! 

It also just dawned on me, with it being the 10th anniversary of it, I wonder if he's gonna play the album in full at Pitchfork fest this summer. That would be fantastic.

I doubt it. 10th anniversary was actually last year.

That would be too long of a set for Pitchfork too...