VC Round-Up // EU Group Buy [3 - Meniscus?]

Buying a record on your own, and then flipping it is lame, but having someone organize a group buy from another country, and getting it discounted because of said group buy, them doing all the work, and then turning around and selling it for a profit is a new time low.

The extra copy I have of Kokomo I'm selling for less than I got it for in the group buy, and it's still in the mailer. (In case anyone missed the group buy and ended up wanting it.)

<3

Is it different than the one you sent me? I might want it.

Where's Halo flipping records at? Discogs?

Yup. He has sold 50+ records over the last 3 months. And I'm going by what he has for sale currently. I can't even take into account what he has sold.

Kokomo - S/T - $29 - Bought through the group buy. Seem splits and has spun before. Marked M/M.

Pinback - Blue Screen Life - $80 - that record came out not even a week ago for RSD.

Black Mountain - IV - $37 - still available for $24 via VMP.

Wild Nothing - Nocturne - $34 - still available through Newbury for $28.

Toe - Vague Plot - $500 - the one he bought because of the cover art from me wanting to buy it. Paid ~$15.

Quilt - Plaza - $40 - still available through VMP for $22.

Forest Swords - Engravings - $34 - another VMP release he is flipping.

Meat Puppets - II - $39 - another record he got from the Newbury sale.

Dave Matthews - $95 - for some misprint of a $30 record.

And that isn't including the shit he has sold in the last month, just what he currently has left.

Is it different than the one you sent me? I might want it.

Texted you.

it was up on your Discogs, I saw it earlier today dude. haha

I listed most of my personal collection recently to raise money for a trip to see radiohead. After raising y funds the items were taken down. It's sitting on my shelf in mint condition right now <3

And how is $29 w offers accepted unreasonable? lol

Don't answer that, I know the answers will only be negativity which I am not a fan of. Peace and Love to all

An example of my fabulous generosity when it comes to offers.

Jjz3igN.png

I listed most of my personal collection recently to raise money for a trip to see radiohead. After raising y funds the items were taken down. It's sitting on my shelf in mint condition right now <3

And how is $29 w offers accepted unreasonable? lol

So I call you out, you shuffle to take down the listing, have the audacity to call me a liar, then you get called out again, this time by someone else backing up my claim, then you even have the balls to say how $29 isn't flipping it. You can't even keep your lies straight. Charlie organized this whole group buy, doing all of the work, getting it discounted, having it all mailed to him, buying mailers for it, then shipping it to you, and you have the nerve to flip it. If you changed your mind, that's one thing. Sell it at cost. We all know you're flipping it. Just own up to it. You would be less of a piece of shit if you did, a piece of shit never-the-less, but less of one.

This doesn't even include the 50+ records you've sold over the last 3 months on Discogs, or the two copies of Manchester, and Captain copies you bought for an 'art project' and sold on here later for a profit. So don't give me this shit about how you need funds to go see Radiohead.

And opening something, then spinning it doesn't make it M/M anymore. If you're going flip shit, at least grade it correctly, you lying sack of shit.

Mint (M) Vinyl

Absolutely perfect in every way. Certainly never been played, possibly even still sealed. Should be used sparingly as a grade, If at all.

Oh, and go fuck yourself:

vhVgaUO.png

IhJeyC3.pngrWEGc40.pngguSuikM.pngna4L9KN.png

Hmmm, not sure, I'd say an EU-import for that price is decent...

What was the total everyone had to pay?

$22 which included shipping from EU to US, individuals mailers, and then shipping to the individual. It's less so the money and more so all the time, effort, energy, and more that Charlie put into getting his and everyone else that record, which he got everyone a discount on cause of a bulk order and his kindness. So to get an awesome discount to go around and flip it is fucked up. Even if it's for only $10 more. He does it on almost every impulse album he buys. This isn't anything new for him. Just like how he buys from VMP and flips them.

Well, after discogs fees it's a "profit" of around $4.50...

I understand your disappointment and anger and it's a dumbass move...but calling this flipping (only looking at this case) is kinda exaggerating...

Yeah, I get where you're coming from, but look at all the other records he is flipping. Like I said, he might not be making enough to retire on this by any means, but it's still flipping, and still lame. He could have sold it for $1 more than what he paid and I would still be upset, and disappointed because of the principal of it, especially since Charlie is the best dude ever. His other flipping ($500 for a Toe record he bought off Amazon for $15 only because he saw my WTB thread, and liked the cover art) just helps justify my anger. Other people can tell you multiple counts of him buying limited records, just for him to sell them right after for a profit. I can't stop him form doing that, but I can at least stop him from taking advantage in the EU group buys.

But yeah, anyways, enough time / energy about him. Just wanted to let it be known he isn't allowed in this anymore.

Hope all is well, Sasan.

GROUP BUY NUMBER 2.5 - FOURTEEN NIGHTS AT SEA

Hey guys, so I've posted this in the Post-rock thread, but members of Fourteen Nights At Sea still have some copies of "Great North" left on vinyl.

The band is cutting me an amazing deal I want to share with all of you.

Since one record is under 1KG, Liam has kindly offered a discount rate of $20 AUD for the record and $16 AUD for shipping, for one record.

That would come out to about $30 US ppd.

Would any of you guys like to jump on this? I can let him know, so he can save the copies.

He also has copies of "Minor Light" and their S/T album (which is AMAZING).

Again, if you are unfamiliar with the material, please give this a look:

Fourteen Nights At Sea - In Violent Times

Fourteen Nights At Sea - Woods

Fourteen Nights At Sea - Tired Hands

Fourteen Nights At Sea - Glass Monster

Fourteen Nights At Sea - Teeth Marks

I picked up Great North for like $22 from No Sleep about six months ago, Gumbo. Might want to check there first. I remember seeing it on Interpunk, too.

Yeah they have it but they suck at Customer Service, I've contacted them a bunch of times about stuff and they never respond. It's also already $30.

They've got some variant of "Binary Opposition" by Shy, Low and I want to know what it is, but they won't tell me. THEY WONT ANSWER.