PO || Repress of The Angelic Process ‎– Weighing Souls With Sand

andi

This album is just awesome!

2016 repress. Will be sent out 1st week of March 2016.

Comprised of the husband and wife duo of guitarist/drummer/vocalist K.Angylus and bassist/vocalist M.Dragynfly, the Athens, Georgia duo’s latest album makes an astounding, indelible impression from the opening moments, combining brutality and noise with tenderness and aching melodies, unleashing wave after wave of aural beauty disguised as cacophony. The variation the pair displays is sublime: we get the drone of Boris, the experimental noise of Swans, the mechanical crunch of Godflesh, the epic scope of Isis, the awe-inspiring power of Neurosis, and the sumptuous beauty of My Bloody Valentine all at once, as the musicians croon and scream, the oblique vocals in the vein of classic shoegaze from the early 1990s. The enveloping effect of the album’s mix is stunning, as the underlying melodies bring genuine warmth, radiating from the massive wall of sound.

3 different variants:

black /200

yellow /200

gold /100

http://burningworldrecords.com/artist/angelic-process-the

Stumbled across this on Discogs and couldn't believe it.

God bless you.  I've been talking myself out of dropping money on an OG press for the past few years – apparently the sound quality isn't the greatest.  And at $80 - $100+, it just hasn't really been a practical route to explore.  I was under the impression that a repress wouldn't be happening anytime soon, so this is amazing (albeit unexpected) news.

I think my order came out to $40 PPD, give or take some change.  Considering how tough this is to pin down and how long it's been OOP, I think I can live with that for a double LP, imported and in mint condition.  I'm with you – this is definitely going to feel good to finally cross off the wishlist.  I've already removed it from my Discogs watchlist.

I'm quite tempted to give this a blind shot. They also have Ash Borer's Cold of Ages in stock and I've been meaning to pick it up for quite some time now. Both come out to 49€ shipped. Is the above description fitting or do I have to expect a lot more harsh noise than I think?

I'm quite tempted to give this a blind shot. They also have Ash Borer's Cold of Ages in stock and I've been meaning to pick it up for quite some time now. Both come out to 49€ shipped. Is the above description fitting or do I have to expect a lot more harsh noise than I think?

Just go for this one, man.  I wouldn't call the album harsh in a chaotic sense at all.  It's crushing thanks to massive blankets of fuzz and distortion... but it's basically just beautifully melancholic shoegaze with monstrous drums.  Way more melodic and spacey than harsh.

you can hear the whole album on youtube. check it out!

Just go for this one, man.  I wouldn't call the album harsh in a chaotic sense at all.  It's crushing thanks to massive blankets of fuzz and distortion... but it's basically just beautifully melancholic shoegaze with monstrous drums.  Way more melodic and spacey than harsh.

I went, I went. Considering how much I adore every name dropped in the description this seems to be the kind of record that makes me wonder how I didn't stumble across it way earlier. Plus, I do have great faith in your taste when it comes to experimental ambient/drone, Derek, so ultimately this was an easy decision.

you can hear the whole album on youtube. check it out!

I'm really eager to dive into it when I hold a physical copy, without much knowing what exactly there is to explore. Thanks for digging it up though and most of all for letting us know of the preorder!

I have an OG Black I bought for $60 four years ago. One of my favorite albums all time, one of the few I've given a legit 5/5, and I'm excited this is pressed again!

Definitely gonna grab this RP though, but cant decide what color hmmmm

Edit: fuck it, went with gold; gonna look slick as fuck.

Plus, I do have great faith in your taste when it comes to experimental ambient/drone, Derek, so ultimately this was an easy decision.

Shucks.  Thanks for the kind words.  I honestly can't see you being disappointed, and I'm a total advocate for you waiting until the record shows up to give it a proper listen.  For what it's worth, I only got around to listening to the album a few years ago, despite being a longtime fan of all the bands listed in that description.  I don't even know where or how I stumbled across this album, but it had a very notable whoa impact on the first listen.  I think you're in for a treat.

Definitely gonna grab this RP though, but cant decide what color hmmmm

I think that murky metallic "gold" - if that's how the variant turns out - will be such a nice fit with the album art, personally.  It also doesn't hurt that it's the rarest of the 3, if that's something you're into.

I think that murky metallic "gold" - if that's how the variant turns out - will be such a nice fit with the album art, personally.  It also doesn't hurt that it's the rarest of the 3, if that's something you're into.

Agreed. I had been trying to hunt down a yellow or red OG for YEARS before I found a black, but they were always in the 120+ range, which I couldn't justify. Then magically when giving up hope, a black popped up on discogs for $60, which is the lowest I think it's gone for since. It's still in perfect condition, and the black actually sounds beautiful.

But yes, grabbed the rarest one this time around ^_^

would cop but shipping is super expensive to the us

The shipping isn't pretty, but good luck finding this cheaper anywhere else in the U.S.  You may luck out and save a few bucks on shipping if you keep your eyes peeled on Discogs, though.  But considering how limited this press is, I probably wouldn't wait too long.

I think that murky metallic "gold" - if that's how the variant turns out - will be such a nice fit with the album art, personally.

That's what I'm hoping for. I have a fair share of 'gold' records that are in fact transparent yellow, without a hint of gold or any metallic nuances. The fact that there is a yellow variant in this preorder makes me hope 'gold' might actually turn out as just that. All three options go nicely with the artwork though and that's my prime consideration when it comes to variant madness. (Except for clear. I'm all over clear.)

I'm sure most of you are aware of the bonus vinyl track, but for those of you who don't:

https://soundcloud.com/burningworldroadburn/the-angelic-process-sleepwritten-vinyl-bonus-track

Just amazing.

Also, by the looks of it we will be getting some alternate cover art. At a loss of words for how excited I am right now.

The shipping isn't pretty, but good luck finding this cheaper anywhere else in the U.S.  You may luck out and save a few bucks on shipping if you keep your eyes peeled on Discogs, though.  But considering how limited this press is, I probably wouldn't wait too long.

You are right, took the plunge. A nice addition to the collection.