PO 02/11 : Cult Of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner

• 3 months later...

Just a few days left before Mariner is played live for the very first time, here in Stockholm.

It will most likely be a gig to remember, since it only will be five performances of this in total.

I wonder if they will play anything else after the last Mariner song? I read that Johannes stated "nothing more, nothing less" but then this would be a rather short gig.

Only 50 tickets left apparently.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, but that can't be the big announcement, can it? They already posted that concert announcement on their Twitter account, and then after that "2 days".

Based on the photos on the these announcements, I guess it's going to be a live album and/or DVD (which would be awesome, BTW).

They recently posted a live recording from the SATH Göteborg show from earlier in the year. Pretty decent quality... Looks like the stream has expired, though.

Finally...time for a new thread I guess:

A few years ago we took the decision to keep touring to a minimum.
The sole reason was to prevent us from burning out, to keep the flame and the passion burning.

But the experiences on the road that we've shared for almost 20 years has been life changing for all of us. It has boned us together like brothers and we have been given the privilege to interact with incredible people all around the globe.
So we thought it was time to release a special object related to the live aspect of Cult of Luna and how we have progressed since the release of ”Fire was born” eight years ago. 

'YEARS IN A DAY' is more than just a simple DVD. 

It’s a bundle including a 2 hours DVD captured in Paris last year at La Gaîté Lyrique.

2 live Cds from Roadburn Festival 2013 and 2016

The hi res digital audio from Paris 

...& more...

Combined in a collector 10inch vinyl digipack only on sale on our website and strictly limited to 7000 copies. 

Releasing DVDs and live documents is always a tough thing at all aspects but that was the right time to do it for the people that are not able to see this band live often and everywhere, and so to end an era.
So here is how.

Pre orders will start on January 20th.

All the pictures we posted the last couple of days are taken by Maria Louceiro.
Her work is beyond words please check it out.
It will be the foundation of the artwork for 'YEARS IN A DAY'.

Art direction, as usual is handled by Erik Olofsson.

Thank you all.

On 12/19/2016 at 2:18 AM, nwinkler said:

Yeah, but that can't be the big announcement, can it? They already posted that concert announcement on their Twitter account, and then after that "2 days".

Based on the photos on the these announcements, I guess it's going to be a live album and/or DVD (which would be awesome, BTW).

They recently posted a live recording from the SATH Göteborg show from earlier in the year. Pretty decent quality... Looks like the stream has expired, though.

I have that stream downloaded on my other computer; the whole show was broadcast I believe at the time, but only the first few songs were released.  None of the SATH tunes made it. 

I was also at that show :D

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You guys ever find yourself trying to feign attention but feel the sudden urge to yawn, and sort of have an internal battle with your jaw to keep it closed for fear of showing disrespect or lack of interest?

truthfully this is kind of the reaction i had to this news....  i mean it's cool and all, but I was really hoping for a live SATH thing.  There weren't any cameras for those shows recording, though, so a DVD of that tour would not be possible. 

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

You guys ever find yourself trying to feign attention but feel the sudden urge to yawn, and sort of have an internal battle with your jaw to keep it closed for fear of showing disrespect or lack of interest?

I personally am not a fan of live albums, to really appreciate the energy of a live performance I think you need to be there. Not to say they are terrible, but not very exciting. Only live album I own is the Converge A Thousand Miles Between Us but that came with a badass photo book. Also I can't believe they are pressing 7k, they need to recalibrate the demand. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

truthfully this is kind of the reaction i had to this news....  i mean it's cool and all, but I was really hoping for a live SATH thing.  There weren't any cameras for those shows recording, though, so a DVD of that tour would not be possible. 

Actually, the show they mention the footage on the DVD is taken from is this one. The second half of the set is Somewhere... in its entirety. 

25 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Actually, the show they mention the footage on the DVD is taken from is this one. The second half of the set is Somewhere... in its entirety. 

No kidding!  They must have prepped for that one beforehand because the 2 shows I caught on that tour didn't have cameras.  They should have made mention of that in the release haha, I might splurge for it now! 

Dim in Gothenburg was like a dream...

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Not since I blocked gumbo earlier today. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, larshj said:

https://cultoflunashop.indierecordings.no/

The DVD is up for preorder - the Roadburn shows are also available on vinyl (limited to 500).

They were tricky here. Nowhere they mentioned any vinyl beforehand, just DVD + CD, so I wasn't that thrilled. But when I got the official e-mail I had to check it out, and when I saw they had two limited vinyl albums I went  :o.

So now I pre-ordered both.

4 hours ago, Mr Mojo said:

They were tricky here. Nowhere they mentioned any vinyl beforehand, just DVD + CD, so I wasn't that thrilled. But when I got the official e-mail I had to check it out, and when I saw they had two limited vinyl albums I went  :o.

So now I pre-ordered both.

Yeah Yeah that  was a pleasant surprise

• 9 months later...