9 minutes ago, andables said:

put off checking these guys out until now. really good stuff. did BWM sell out of their first pressing of this or did it just get delayed?

http://standardbrickhouse.com/product/sioux-falls-rot-forever/

Looks like BWM sold out of their copies, these are definitely done as I've had mine for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

mine just came today from Standard Brick. dopey dope pink marble, looking forward to playing later

Didn't realize these were pink marble, no mention of it on the site. That's cool.

Why are so many places referring to this band as post-punk, including their own label? They are clearly not post-punk. I thought I'd seen a few reviews referring to them as such but now I can't find them. They're still tagged as such in many places though. 

...post-punk triad Sioux Falls...

Rot Forever is as good a statement as any to kick a band off with — it’s a sprawling double album full of tense, teased-out and dusty post-punk songs.

Anyway if I haven't said it already, great record and one of the more authentic emo revival albums I've heard. 

5 hours ago, jeromium said:

Why are so many places referring to this band as post-punk, including their own label? They are clearly not post-punk. I thought I'd seen a few reviews referring to them as such but now I can't find them. They're still tagged as such in many places though. 

Isaac has been labeling his music as indie rock/post-punk since he started writing. I think post-punk is semi-accurate. He is (or was at least) really into Joy Division and The Touchers. 

Edited by jaymond00

On 9/1/2016 at 1:22 PM, dantheriver said:

Interesting. Being that Sioux Falls is a place, I assumed they named themselves after that place for a reason. To single out the word Sioux and find a problem with it is a bit odd, but ok. Lineup change and all, not a bad idea. And the new name is not a bad one. 

Sound-wise, it's hard to tell from one song (especially a short one) but it seems in line with Rot Forever. I wish everyone - including members themselves - would stop calling them post-punk though. Their sound has about nothing to do with post-punk.

1 hour ago, jeromium said:

Interesting. Being that Sioux Falls is a place, I assumed they named themselves after that place for a reason. To single out the word Sioux and find a problem with it is a bit odd, but ok.

100% agreed.  I didn't even draw a correlation to the tribe until it was suggested that it could be perceived as insensitive.  I'm all for people getting called out on being shitty, but there's no way that was even remotely close to deliberately offensive in a tongue-and-cheek way.  There is certainly such a thing as excessive political correctness.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally decided to order this too, though I've been listening to it since February. It's certainly going to end up in my top 10 this year.

Slight frustration with the Brickhouse site though. From the shopping cart, you click "Proceed to Checkout" and you then fill out your Billing Address and Shipping Address. Then, the only payment option is PayPal. Which is great, except why are they wasting my time asking for that information when it's already stored in PayPal?

Sorry to vent on what may be trivial to most - it's what I do for a living. :P

11 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Finally decided to order this too, though I've been listening to it since February. It's certainly going to end up in my top 10 this year.

Slight frustration with the Brickhouse site though. From the shopping cart, you click "Proceed to Checkout" and you then fill out your Billing Address and Shipping Address. Then, the only payment option is PayPal. Which is great, except why are they wasting my time asking for that information when it's already stored in PayPal?

Sorry to vent on what may be trivial to most - it's what I do for a living. :P

Almost every site is like that. Plus, from what I read, it's a 1 dude operation run out of his bedroom on the side, so, I wouldn't expect major-label site setup :p.

Sounds great on pink though, you won't be disappointed.