All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

15 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Saw Challengers tonight and agree it's so good. The score was incredible and even the general sound was fantastic. The writing was extremely well done on top of everything else.

Someone help me out here.  I saw the trailer for this and the whole thing was positioned as a love triangle romance movie with a loose tennis theme.  It looked super cheesy and disposable.  When I found out the boys scored it, I was surprised.

Was that trailer a red herring or something?  I didn’t get any kind of “there’s actually cool shit happening in this movie under the guise of this cheesy plot.”

4 hours ago, highfives said:

Someone help me out here.  I saw the trailer for this and the whole thing was positioned as a love triangle romance movie with a loose tennis theme.  It looked super cheesy and disposable.  When I found out the boys scored it, I was surprised.

Was that trailer a red herring or something?  I didn’t get any kind of “there’s actually cool shit happening in this movie under the guise of this cheesy plot.”

I mean, I mainly want to see it because of the directors track record.  Call Me By Your Name, Suspiria (remake), We Are Who We Are, Bones & All, etc.  I’ve loved everything he’s done so far so I don’t see why I wouldn’t like it.  I will say the tennis plot threw me off at first but I’m interested in seeing how it works out.

11 hours ago, highfives said:

The trailer is incredibly misleading to make you think it's a raunchy love triangle movie with tennis. Sure, it is for a fraction of it, but overall it's a very deep and layered story that covers roughly 13 years of the main characters' lives. It's not predictable (opinion of course) and kept my attention the entire way through. The reviews have been stellar from what I can tell. My friend and I who went were genuinely surprised at how good it was.

8 hours ago, N8TRU said:

The trailer is incredibly misleading to make you think it's a raunchy love triangle movie with tennis. Sure, it is for a fraction of it, but overall it's a very deep and layered story that covers roughly 13 years of the main characters' lives. It's not predictable (opinion of course) and kept my attention the entire way through. The reviews have been stellar from what I can tell. My friend and I who went were genuinely surprised at how good it was.

After finding out who the director was and that Trent and Atticus scored it, I figured it had to be deeper than that trailer.