What kind of music are you into/def. NOT into?

I like Fat-type punk rock, fast and melodic a lot... It's mostly what I collect on vinyl, as well as all the decent quebecker bands I like (Sainte Catherines, Yesterday's Ring, Fifth Hour Hero, Malajube, Planet Smashers, etc.)

I love folk rock when it's not american.. Early Beatles, some alt.rock. Ska but it mostly has to be fast skapunk and not reggae.

Mostly I go by bands and by feeling more than by genre. I like Infected Mushroom but I dislike most Trance/Psych. I like Children of Bodom/Nightwish but I dislike most metal. I like Issue Sixteen but any other kind of very emoish music gets on my nerves.

What I cannot listen to is people screaming/growling or unstructured music / chaotic stuff without melodies or with very hidden melodies. Best exemple that comes to mind of what would make me wanna kill myself or other people if I listened to it all the time is The Blood Brothers live. I kept away from their studio stuff after that horrible experience so I can't judge it, but I saw them live once and U-G-H.

Share? I respect everyone's music tastes and I expect people to respect mine ;)

90% of what I'm into is punk/indie/hardcore, the rest would be the small ammount of jazz, classical or some other type of music that can get my attention. For some reason I can't stand any sort of country music, especially lately when what I do come across seems to propagate the pride of being a "hick/redneck" (we can all thank the post 9/11 south for that). Frankly I'm embarrassed to be living so close to the mason dixon line.

i'm not even entirely sure what it would be classified as, but i guess street punk? just really obnoxious sounding punk rock. all those bands sound really similar to me, and it makes me sound old, but i guess i just don't get it. and most pop punk i'm not a fan of. but there's exceptions to the rule. i don't usually discount entire genre's, it's usually specific bands i'm just not into. but my collection is pretty eclectic.

this is my hall of fame, which i was surprised to see as i put it together really heavily influenced by my youth as a headbanger hessian.

http://southpawnation.blogspot.com/2005/05/southpaw-nation-hall-of-fame-work-in.html

i have really eclectic tastes though. not much i don't like, except pop-"country", Christian music, American Idol, and stuff that sucks.

yeah really, is hardcore supposed to be the opposite of Christianity. I'd say they both preach a similar message: unity, taking care of each other, good vs. evil.

That said, I think most Christian rock music sucks too. I interviewed David Bazan about that very subject one time and he totally agreed (he's a well-known Christian). He said it's bad because it's about the message first and the music second. Take a band like 108, or Cro-mags: The preach for sure, but their concentration is on the music.

i always interesting in what the song means or what the purpose of the band wanna say.

it always make me wanna know the in deep meaning or inspiration or opinion of the song.

like first time that i listen to Minor Threat.i never think the song that show the opinion of MacKaye as he's a lecturer or teacher can blend with raw 4 chords rock song.

i think it's awesome !

so,i always love to read a lyrics (because my english skill is not good like you) and try to know what the song means...

into:

90's style epi-fat-lookout! type pop/skate punk

really quirky/weird indie rock (ala TMBG, too much joy, soul coughing, cake, king misile, treephort)

Ska (primarily -core, /punk, and neo-trad.. altho theres a bunch of 2tone, and some trad stuff i do enjoy)

certain "darker" electronic + heavily processed music - massive attack, moby's animal rights, NIN, the non dancey KMFDM stuff, pitchshifter, Isis, Mono etc

alot of "classic" indie rock type stuff - REM, early tori amos, spiritualized, jawbreaker, beck, smiths

classic country/folk influenced artists - dylan, CCR, Cash, hank Williams, willie nelson etc

some hip=hop/rap, some metal, overly comical grind bands, anything with a good gimic .

not really into

most dance/club/party oriented rap/hip hop

modern/cross-over country - ie anything you would line dance to

metal-core, and most nu school hardcore

cliche street or crust punk

anything that would label themselves as an emo band in 2007

i find a lot my focus is on melody, sometimes even subconsciously. for instance, i'm not really into growly metal/screamo type stuff but i own plenty of records by opeth, tool, system of a down, and a few others because they have a solid melodic base. the same goes for rap music; i find most of it (especially mainstream/commercial hip hop) abhorrent in every way, but some of my favourite records are by common, mos def, sweatshop union, and kanye west because they embrace melody and musicality (along with a positive or socially conscious message).

same goes for country. i grew up listening to awful mainstream country music thanks to my parents, but after a period of removal from that music i've found some artists that i adore that play country music. perhaps most visible to this crowd is drag the river, which does a generally pretty straight-forward country thing at times (with alt. country mixed in there as well). but johnny cash, merle haggard, bob dylan's country phase, uncle tupelo, and some of bonnie "prince" billy's country-ish work i find irresistable. i own a good number of jazz, blues, and electronic music, but not a great deal. just examples i've listened to and liked. perhaps my favourite song of all time is a 12-minute recording of Buddy Rich's "Channel One Suite" he recorded during his jazz years. some of the best soloing i've ever heard.

but moreover, i listen to mostly melodic hardcore, pop punk, and pop music. i can listen to anything as long as it's an honest, heart-felt performance and songwriting.

i'm into a lot of what flood digs too.

yeah, i guess you guys are right when it comes top upholding the same ideals, but i don't feel as if hardcore should be used as a platform to preach your religion. sure, good purpose, but i don't know... i just have a bad relationship with the catholic church.

so maybe it's just me. :P

yeah, i guess you guys are right when it comes top upholding the same ideals, but i don't feel as if hardcore should be used as a platform to preach your religion. sure, good purpose, but i don't know... i just have a bad relationship with the catholic church.

no, i certainly don't subscribe to any organized religion. but hardcore has always been about having an open mind and allowing people to express what they believe in, whether that's being a vegetarian, having a tight night group of friends, or christianity. it all contains a level of preaching, ya know?

no, i certainly don't subscribe to any organized religion. but hardcore has always been about having an open mind and allowing people to express what they believe in, whether that's being a vegetarian, having a tight night group of friends, or christianity. it all contains a level of preaching, ya know?

yeah, i get what you're saying. but i'm pretty sure it's just my attitude towards the church. the more you talk to people, the more you learn about the scene, i guess!

as far as what i'm INTO, i'm kind of all over the place. i like punk music. more specifically, melodic hardcore, punk, pop punk, ska, ska punk, indie, some reggae, some country and some mainstream alternative rock. but i can also listen to hip hop or some classic rock. can't really get into trance/house/techno music though. classical is good.

some (not all) of my favorite bands: The Clash, Jawbreaker, Shook Ones, Kid Dynamite, Lifetime, NOFX, Jets To Brazil, Big D and the Kids Table, Foo Fighters, Weezer, The Aquabats, and (old) Against Me!

Guest dennnmark

I'm def. NOT into punk. Yuck. :P

I'm more into classier things like Sufjan Stevens, Ryan Adams, Sinatra, Chicago, Limbeck, etc. If it has hints of blues and/or jazz, I'll probably like it.

hardcore's about having an open mind, you know provided you subscribe to the same believes as the guy whos singing ;)

bring on the H8 EDGE!

FIRESTORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!