PO NOW: Deer Leap - Impermanence

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2016 at 0:42 PM, Shlebs said:

Yeah sounds like they're getting fucked by one of the pressing plants here.

Derrick tweeted some shade at some RSD novelty pressings news, I'm pretty sure they're getting fucked around on this. Hopefully not as bad as they got fucked on that Dads LP.

1 hour ago, mesi said:

For anyone who still needs to pick this up, BWM has a 40% off sale for the next 24 hours, no code needed. 

http://store.brokenworldmedia.com/products/573394-deer-leap-impermanence-lp-pre-order

Thank you!

The bundle with their first album wasn't discounting, but seperately they came to $25ppd which works for me.

4 hours ago, mesi said:

For anyone who still needs to pick this up, BWM has a 40% off sale for the next 24 hours, no code needed. 

http://store.brokenworldmedia.com/products/573394-deer-leap-impermanence-lp-pre-order

Inb4 "will they discount my 2 month old preorder? No?!? This is bullshit!"

edit: also, thanks for the reminder. Saw the tweet earlier but was working. Grabbed the Animal Flag and Taking Meds LPs and the Jet Set Sail 7".

Edited by dantheriver

17 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Inb4 "will they discount my 2 month old preorder? No?!? This is bullshit!"

edit: also, thanks for the reminder. Saw the tweet earlier but was working. Grabbed the Animal Flag and Taking Meds LPs and the Jet Set Sail 7".

My Deer Leap package included the Jet Set Sail 7 inch as well as The Obsessives My Pale Red Dot randomly for free, just a heads up.

This album is incredible, I really held off on listening till i received the LP and then felt a little burnt that it took so long from when it was expected, so opening this up and seeing the incredible packaging and variant, I felt totally rewarded.  In a way it arrived at the perfect time, I cant say enough on how good this album is. 

As I was scouring the net for reviews I stumbled upon this cool review and interview with their lead guitarist.  Gives some cool perspective to the band as  a whole and the making of this record.

Hope everyone digs as much as I am!

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine today.

Excited to finally have them, but unfortunately I cannot be 100% happy.

International shipping in the BWM store is way off, and before placing my order, I was assured that I would get a refund on whatever shipping overcharge there might be. Now I have my records in hand, but no refund, and my email about it has gone unanswered for two weeks. I would definitely not complain if we were talking about a couple of $, but I paid $38 for shipping, whereas the real shipping costs was somewhere between $22.5 and $28. So in the end I am outanother $10-$16, money I could have invested in another record from them, for example.

So as much as I love all the stuff that BWM releases (and I would love to pick up another 4-5 releases), I have to warn anyone located internationally to think twice and to be aware that there will not be a refund for shipping overcharge. Not cool.

Band and albums still rule though.