R.E.M. To reissue 3 albums.

If you already have all the full lengths and aren't aching for these reissues but still hungry for more REM releases on vinyl, I recommend some of their live and demo bootlegs.  

I have Finest Worksongs, We Are Having a Heavenly Time, Really Exciting Music, and Smokin' in the Boys Room and they are all solid.  Quality can vary from song to song but I love putting those on while I work and hearing alternate takes of some awesome songs.

15 hours ago, rds said:

If you already have all the full lengths and aren't aching for these reissues but still hungry for more REM releases on vinyl, I recommend some of their live and demo bootlegs.  

I have Finest Worksongs, We Are Having a Heavenly Time, Really Exciting Music, and Smokin' in the Boys Room and they are all solid.  Quality can vary from song to song but I love putting those on while I work and hearing alternate takes of some awesome songs.

Thanks so much for this. :)

I see these live/bootleggy LPs from time to time, but have no idea which ones are any good.

19 hours ago, rds said:

Good choices. I'll also shout out Body Count at Tyrones, which isn't the greatest quality but is a boot of a super early REM show, and At The Borderline, which is my favorite boot ever and features REM (booked at Bingo Hand Job) at a small club in London with Billy Bragg and Robyn Hitchcock right before they really blew up with Out of Time and features the best version of Tom's Diner you'll ever hear

3 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Good choices. I'll also shout out Body Count at Tyrones, which isn't the greatest quality but is a boot of a super early REM show, and At The Borderline, which is my favorite boot ever and features REM (booked at Bingo Hand Job) at a small club in London with Billy Bragg and Robyn Hitchcock right before they really blew up with Out of Time and features the best version of Tom's Diner you'll ever hear

I haven't been able to find a copy of the Borderline bootleg that is already in the US and I'm not very trusting of the grading on Discogs, so the idea of receiving and returning a busted G+ record to/from a small country overseas is keeping me from ordering.  I will keep a closer eye though since you've given it a great endorsement.

I just received a copy of the Georgia Peaches - Rapid Eye Movement bootleg yesterday.  I only had time to scan a few songs but, so far, the recording quality is the roughest of the boots I've bought.

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled across a treasure trove of R.E.M. bootlegs at Amoeba Los Angeles yesterday.  I walked out with VG+/NM copies of Can't Get There From HereDocumentaryWorkingSo Much Younger ThenMada Mada, and The Return of the Rickenbackers for $20 each.

If anyone is into R.E.M. bootlegs and lives near LA, they had a copy of Smokin in the Boys Room, Really Exciting Music, and Down South.  I already have those so I left them behind for the next guy/girl.

I went back to Amoeba LA today and found more bootlegs.  I picked up Pretty PicturesLive in Chicago, and New Orleans- first two were $19.99 and for some reason they priced New Orleans at $29.99 which is high.

They still had most of the other ones I mentioned in my last post.  It's been fun to go from checking Discogs everyday and dealing with international sellers to finding several bootlegs in person on two trips in a row.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Green is being reissued too.  

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14708577/rem-green

https://www.amazon.com/Green-LP-R-E-M/dp/B00BPXKWKY/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1470151234&sr=8-1

Sorry if everyone already knew this.  I just saw it was going to be on the Vinyl Me Please store next month.