Soundgarden- Louder Than Love and Down On The Upside Reissues

4 hours ago, jessejames690 said:

Just picked it up the other day. Sounds very good indeed however its dependant on your system of course. I use a Debut Carbon Esprit, Marantz PM6005 and B&W 603's 

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

It sounds fantastic on my setup. It's remastered from the original analog tapes. 

Thanks guys!  I was just wondering if the remaster was as questionable as the Superunknown reissue.  Looks like I'll need to grab a copy.

9 hours ago, highfives said:

I was just wondering if the remaster was as questionable as the Superunknown reissue.

I've been eyeing up a copy of the Superunknown 2014 reissue at my local record store, as finding an OP in New Zealand is next to impossible (This one I think https://www.discogs.com/Soundgarden-Superunknown/release/8720063) .

Just wondering what is off with the reissue and if it's worth picking up...

10 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I think the stevehoffman guys figured out that the tapes were actually transferred to digital files to make the lacquer cut.

The original isn't all analog either. The vinyl was mastered allegedly from a CD transfer.

However, as someone who has listened to the original CD and lp so much they do sound different

I have not purchased new one

On 9/13/2016 at 9:33 PM, ntslash said:

Those hoffman guys don't have time to listen to records. They're too busy staring at dynamic range graphs and analyzing source info.

What's a dynamic range graph?

I didn't have time to listen to records last night, was too busy listening to the new analogue > DSD release of Rage Against the Machine's debut...absolutely fucking amazing. Listened to the entire thing from start to finish it sounded so good. Then, later, I watched the Jays game.

On 9/13/2016 at 9:33 PM, ntslash said:

Those hoffman guys don't have time to listen to records. They're too busy staring at dynamic range graphs and analyzing source info.

What's a dynamic range graph?

I didn't have time to listen to records last night, was too busy listening to the new analogue > DSD release (that's an SACD of course) of Rage Against the Machine's debut...absolutely fucking amazing. Listened to the entire thing from start to finish it sounded so good. Then, later, I watched the Jays game.