jukeboxes

Anyone here own one of these bad boys? If so, you should post pics/where you got it/what you got in it/etc. I'd really like to pick up an old Wurlitzer one of these days, but I just can't afford it. DISCUSS.

Here's the thread about my jukebox, pretty much answers your questions. I paid $700+ and they gave me a small pile of garbage records with it. Except for one...which was a rare soul record that I sold for $350. Unbelievable.

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/?board=general&action=display&thread=2242&page=1

has anyone seen those 'portable' jukeboxes? a long time ago, i saw one on ebay. i think they were manufactured by Seeburg. They hold, i think, 80 7"s, standing on their side, packed together. it was a tiny thing - would fit on top of your normal component system. so wanted one of them. i wonder about the sound quality though...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a thread in the Sale/trade looking for some old school records for my Jukebox. Heh, this is a new thread for my favorites though.

Here's mine Seeburg DS160 of 1962:

[image]

[image]

Some of my favorite online places: free titlestrip maker :

http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/other/onlinestrips/index.html

This guys got alot of information on the web on Seeburg units, here's my juke and your's as well, mediocore :

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/silver_age_jukes.htm

There's information on the wallboxes and "home units" as well.

• 6 years later...

Don't mean to bump an old thread, no point in creating a new one. Anyone other fellow jukebox owners out there? Share war stories? Thanks! 

Mine (Profile Pic) is from the 70's, Rock-o-la. Lived most of it's life in a Waffle House. Bought it from a gentleman in Danville, Va, along with a bunch of records (Less Than Jake, Shania Twain, Police, Etc) It was an eclectic mix. Purchased for 300 if I picked it up that day. Replaced a few bulbs, lubricated it, and fixed a few wires, replaced the stylus/needle and it fired right up. Has a nice mix of 60's garage, doo wop and some general punk in it. I change it up every 4 months of so (try and use fairly common presses, nothing super valuable.) Change the Jukebox tags as well. Hope to hear from some people. Currently use it in my garage since I spend a lot of time out there working on various projects. Will soon be incorporated into a bar setup out there as well. 

imagejpg1_zps50d3ffd8.jpg