Official Record Store Day Thread

1 hour ago, daegor said:

Do you mean a fee for the label or a fee from Discogs? Because of how Discogs handles shipping policies now probably 1-5 orders I end up cancelling as the seller because the buyer doesn't want to pay the shipping price.  I've never been charged a fee, regardless of if they've already paid and I refund them or not.

If they pay you in any way and you have to refund it you are not getting the fee back. They get everything back and you get charged.

11 hours ago, Shelby said:

I know they suck but please don't buy things on discogs and be surprised when people don't comply with refunding you before it ships. There's a non-refundable fee that the seller has to eat.

I wasn't surprised they didn't comply. I was surprised they lied about shipping it when they hadn't. And still haven't.

8 hours ago, DC1221 said:

I wasn't surprised they didn't comply. I was surprised they lied about shipping it when they hadn't. And still haven't.

Like I said, please don't expect it. That isn't lying either stores do it when they print a label. So that's another non-refundable thing in the way. Asking for a refund because something didn't ship within like 4 days of RSD is also crazy, the more you talk the more it seems like both you and the store need to go hang out on Shitty Island together.

On 4/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, Shelby said:

If they pay you in any way and you have to refund it you are not getting the fee back. They get everything back and you get charged.

Must be different for Canada. Buyer pays > I get back to them letting them know that the shipping cost was an estimate (as per terms) and actually cost is $xx.xx > if buyer decides they are no longer interested I just hit the refund button in Discogs and the funds are returned to them in full.  Same balance in PayPal before payment and after refund every time.

17 hours ago, Shelby said:

That isn't lying either stores do it when they print a label. So that's another non-refundable thing in the way.

Sorry to nitpick but I have cancelled USPS labels before and gotten refunded. It's possible. Takes some time but it's easy. Also if they didn't ship it within 4 days and that's against their seller terms, they're also in the wrong. So 4 days as an example can actually be a problem and going against their own word without communication. I don't know their full back and forth. Just playing devil's advocate here. There are a lot of godawful buyers and sellers out there (just look at the ETID thread lol)

Edited by N8TRU

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

Sorry to nitpick but I have cancelled USPS labels before and gotten refunded. It's possible. Takes some time but it's easy. Also if they didn't ship it within 4 days and that's against their seller terms, they're also in the wrong. So 4 days as an example can actually be a problem and going against their own word without communication. I don't know their full back and forth. Just playing devil's advocate here. There are a lot of godawful buyers and sellers out there (just look at the ETID thread lol)

That's what I was doing though 😂