MLB Discussion

Looks like the Marlins got Buehrle for 4 years/$58M

I mentioned Jeff Loria is a scumbag right?

EDIT: Not directed at you Travis. I just really hate everything about the Marlins...

Yea same here.

Where the fuck did they get all this money?

Now that they got Buehrle I was hoping that would take them out of the running for Wilson but it sounds like Pujols is staying in Stl so I guess they have more money to spend on someone like Wilson now. Im gonna be pissed if the Angels cant work out a deal with Wilson.

The same place they always had money. They just didnt wanna spend it when there was talk of them moving if they didnt get a new stadium. So they finally get their new stadium and now they got money.

St. Louis has to be pissed that Pujols didnt go to Miami. Now they are going to have to pay out the ass for him. Im sure they would rather him leave then have to give him a 10 year 220 million deal.

I hope Wilson does not go to the Marlins. I like him quite a bit (mostly cause he has no qualms about saying he is straight edge) and I would have to root agaisnt him when they played the Phils. I hope that he stays in Texas, as Ive always enjoyed them and its nice to see them have a decent pitcher for once.

Everything Ive seen today says Pujols is staying put. He should stay.

I'm glad. That is awesome news.

Sounds like CJ is down to your Angels and the Rangers. I gotta figure they fight pretty hard to keep him. They have a nice young rotation shaping up but Wilson would be a big loss.

Think the Marlins are done yet? Sounds like Hanley is potentially moving so who the hells knows.

Looks the the Bosox are up to the same tricks as always. Trying to talk crap about the yankees to get some pub. I honestly think that the Sox operation might be the worst one in baseball.

I'm not trying to be a huge Sox apologist here but we really ought to hate the sports news media, at least in this instance. They turn this shit into spectacle.

Everything Ive seen today says Pujols is staying put. He should stay.

I'm glad. That is awesome news.

Sounds like CJ is down to your Angels and the Rangers. I gotta figure they fight pretty hard to keep him. They have a nice young rotation shaping up but Wilson would be a big loss.

Think the Marlins are done yet? Sounds like Hanley is potentially moving so who the hells knows.

Sounds like the Marlins 6 year offer to Wilson is still on the table but the Rangers GM said they dont think they will be resigning him. Angels need to get this deal done NOW.

well pujols went where the cash is! the thing is, if he has an average season, the angels will hate him because for that kind of $$, they are going to expect big numbers! if he had an average season(s) in STL, people would still love him, regardless....

I dont blame Pujols, the Cards or the Angels for doing what they did here. Cards couldnt afford it and it would have stopped them from signing anyone else for a long time if they got Pujols. Pujols went to a major market after accomplishing pretty much everything he could do in Stl. and got a massive pay day and the Angels got someone who can help them win another WS now. They have been the team who could never land the big name and now that isnt the case anymore. Still a super risky contract 5 years from now but if they win a couple World Series between now and then it will all be worth it and I can almost guarantee Artie is gonna get his money back on this Pujols deal.

CJ Wilson 5 years $75 million to the Angels!?! Mind blown. Apparently TV deals= $$$$$$.

Travis where you at?

Artie obviously has had tons of cash, he would just never pay the big bucks for top of the line players in the past.

I was honestly just hoping to get Wilson and MAYBE Aramis Ramirez but holy fuck!

Sucks to see him go, especially after what he did in the post season this year, but with all of the mystery regarding how old he actually is(atleast 31), I am glad we wont be stuck with that contract, it would have crippled our team for years to come, regardless if he continues to be good or not, we just dont have that kind of money in this market.

Definitely sad to see Pujols go, but that's just way too much guaranteed money for a 32 year old. I think he will be more productive in his late 30's than most players and he will be able to DH, but still...

At least the Cards have Adam Wainwright coming back next year. If we can spend that freed up cash on a solid shortstop/leadoff hitter and a decent outfielder, the Cards will be more well rounded team.

I don't know a lot about CJ Wilson. Was that too much money for him or not? I don't think he's ever won more that 17 games in a season and he got hammered pretty good in the World Series.

It is too much for Wilson IMO but thats the going rate I guess. And he did do EXTREMELY poorly in the playoffs.

Both contracts are too high but it is what it is, I guess. They got who they wanted and Artie signed a huge new TV deal so he's got the money.

CJ Wilson had a great year and with the Angels he will only have to be the #3 guy, not the ace of the staff like he was in Texas. His playoff performace doesnt bother me at all. He's legit.

Texas is going to be so sad today.