MLB Discussion

the thing that got me about that play with vlad was that if youk had caught that ball vlad would have been a sitting duck at first. he was well over halfway to 2nd before the ball dropped. and if youk had caught it it would have been an easy toss to first to double them up. you'd figure a guy with bad knees would take a bit more conservative approach to running the bases. especially in a 1 run game.

the thing that got me about that play with vlad was that if youk had caught that ball vlad would have been a sitting duck at first. he was well over halfway to 2nd before the ball dropped. and if youk had caught it it would have been an easy toss to first to double them up. you'd figure a guy with bad knees would take a bit more conservative approach to running the bases. especially in a 1 run game.

Yea if Youkilis caught it Vlad would have been out at 1st anyways so he should have just went all out and went to 3rd instead of stopping half way then stopping at 2nd then decinding to try and go. He should have just fucking stopped at 2nd tho! That would have made 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Instead its man on 1st and 2 outs. Completely changed the game. I sat there w/ my jaw on my lap after that play for about 20 minutes. There were 3 plays that changed that game. Lackey threw 1 bad pitch and missed his target by about 3 feet and Bay hit it out, Vlads dumb base running play, and Matthews missing that line drive by Ellsbury. Also Lester threw a great game and you arent going to score many runs when only like 4 starters on your team get hits and the lead off man goes 0-5 with 3 Ks.

little fun fact: the sox have beat the angels in 10 straight post-season games.

No need for the snarkiness. I wasn't saying the Angels were going to win. I'm not a huge Angels fan or anything. I just think its a bit early to declare a winner in the series for anyone.

This series is FAAAAAAR from over. Halos had by far the best road record. They won as many games on the road as they did at home. We got Santana going next game who I think is our best pitcher this year and then Saunders (another All-Star this year) going the next game on the road against an injured Beckett who hasnt been that great this year. If the Angels can hit at all they should be ok this series. And I swear to god if those goddamn announcers say that the Angels have last the last so many play off games in a row to the Sox again Im going down to the stadium to strangle them both. They said they at least once an inning last nite. Im like yes, every Angels and Sox fan know exactly what the situation is between these teams in the playoffs.

I wouldn't say any series is FAR from over. The team with the 1-0 lead (Phillies, Dodgers, and Red Sox as of this post) only needs to win 2 games. That shit could be over on Saturday or Sunday!

True this is a short series but I have faith in my team that they are more than capable of coming back. Especially with the way they have handled the Sox all season. Angels win next game and the series is tied and we go on the road where they are just as likely to win as at home. I have heard Cubs fans are already giving up tho.

I wouldn't say any series is FAR from over. The team with the 1-0 lead (Phillies, Dodgers, and Red Sox as of this post) only needs to win 2 games. That shit could be over on Saturday or Sunday!

Well true but both the Cubs and the Angels didn't get to the playoffs on luck. We'll see. As a Dodger fan I won't be too confident about this one.

Oh, well, I'm not saying the team that wins game 1 HAS to win the series. Shit, they play again tonight. 2-0 is pretty much a death sentence, but 1-1 is just fine. Evens shit up.

Yea 0-2 and you're pretty much done but 1-1 is right back to where you started pretty much. I dont think any of these series' so far will sweep. Rays might sweep the White Sox tho. Good chance the Phils could sweep too I guess but I dont think the Red Sox or Dodgers will sweep

Well true but both the Cubs and the Angels didn't get to the playoffs on luck. We'll see. As a Dodger fan I won't be too confident about this one.

I dont think any fans can be too confident in the first round until their team actually gets that 3rd win cause until then anything can happen really.

No need for the snarkiness. I wasn't saying the Angels were going to win. I'm not a huge Angels fan or anything. I just think its a bit early to declare a winner in the series for anyone.

This series is FAAAAAAR from over. Halos had by far the best road record. They won as many games on the road as they did at home. We got Santana going next game who I think is our best pitcher this year and then Saunders (another All-Star this year) going the next game on the road against an injured Beckett who hasnt been that great this year. If the Angels can hit at all they should be ok this series. And I swear to god if those goddamn announcers say that the Angels have last the last so many play off games in a row to the Sox again Im going down to the stadium to strangle them both. They said they at least once an inning last nite. Im like yes, every Angels and Sox fan know exactly what the situation is between these teams in the playoffs.

before LA sees Beckett they have to go through Dice-K who finished off the season 18-3 (9-0 on the road) with a 2.90 era.

Beckett is the "ace" for the red sox but both lester and dice-k have stepped it up this season. not to mention wakefield has the ability to make a team go lights out.

moving forward i think it would be best to keep beckett lower in the rotation. especially as mention above due to the fact that he's had an off year with a few injuries.

before LA sees Beckett they have to go through Dice-K who finished off the season 18-3 (9-0 on the road) with a 2.90 era.

Beckett is the "ace" for the red sox but both lester and dice-k have stepped it up this season. not to mention wakefield has the ability to make a team go lights out.

moving forward i think it would be best to keep beckett lower in the rotation. especially as mention above due to the fact that he's had an off year with a few injuries.

Yea Im more scared of Dice K than Beckett this year. Not at all worried about Wakefield tho. Angels seem to always rope him. And while Lackey is the ace for the Angels, Santana stepped up big time this year and so did Saunders. I wonder if the Angels will go with Lackey again if it goes to the 4th game or if they will throw Weaver or Garland. Lester was on last nite. I knew not getting to him in the first would come back to haunt us. We should have put up at least 1 run in the first but oh well games over so Im looking foward to what should be another good game tomorrow.

Yea Im more scared of Dice K than Beckett this year. Not at all worried about Wakefield tho. Angels seem to always rope him. And while Lackey is the ace for the Angels, Santana stepped up big time this year and so did Saunders. I wonder if the Angels will go with Lackey again if it goes to the 4th game or if they will throw Weaver or Garland. Lester was on last nite. I knew not getting to him in the first would come back to haunt us. We should have put up at least 1 run in the first but oh well games over so Im looking foward to what should be another good game tomorrow.

I would hope Scioscia would have the good sense to keep Garland as far away from the pitcher's mound as possible if Lackey's available to pitch.

I would hope Scioscia would have the good sense to keep Garland as far away from the pitcher's mound as possible if Lackey's available to pitch.

Agreed! Garland isnt bad and neither is Weaver but Lackey, Santana and Saunders are all much much better this year. I wasnt thinking about days off during this series either so Lackey will have plenty of rest by game 4. I think Weaver and Garland are there for long relief incase anyone gets in trouble early.