MLB Discussion

Also great article on ESPN.com about the change in the union and players attitudes about PEDs, really worth the long read.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9525457/biogenesis-transformation-mlbpa

It includes this gem " "Hey Antonio Bastardo, remember when we competed for a job in 2011. Thx a lot," former Phillies left-hander Dan Meyer wrote on Twitter after Bastardo was suspended for 50 games Monday."

also, did anyone else hear about this? i had no idea this even happened. that 6-run rally boston had against seattle maybe would've never happened!

i literally had no idea it happened until the next day. without the help of the announcers, it didn't seem like anyone in the park even realized what happened.

just read that fenway is screening the sandlot later in the month! i feel like i can't miss this.

Hoping for a sweep of those pesky Indians, awesome to see JV have his old stuff back on display tonight

ugh this sucks. I went into this series hoping for a split. Still hoping for this. Salazar takes the mound tomorrow and with the news of Kluber out 4-6 weeks he will probably be up here for awhile now.

Last week I pointed out to a friend that The Rangers haven't gained a game on the A's in almost 4 weeks. The Rangers have gained 6 games in 9 days since.

they mentioned during the game today that when the A's reached their biggest division lead this year, it was their biggset in a decade (or something like that), but that night they lost and have lost a ton of ground since

alfonso soriano just made it into the japanese hall of fame with his 1999th hit. because when he was a kid, he started his career in japan with two hits- and their rule is that anyone who amasses 2000 hits after starting their career there automatically makes the hall.

Matt Harvey mother fuckers

i was surprised to find out it was his first shutout. i definitely thought he'd have thrown one this year already.

he is the only starting pitcher this year to strike out Miggy three times in one game.

as the commentators kept spouting off that fact, i thought to myself, "he's probably gonna take this next one yard." especially if he's throwing mostly fastballs all night. next pitch... crushed