MLB Discussion

Ive always kind of hoped that Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz would all get elected into the HOF together

that would be pretty cool.  I'm sure some voters might feel that way too and vote for Glavine and Maddux this year together.  Smoltz won't be on the ballot til next year though, and like I said I'm betting Maddux gets in first time.

that would be pretty cool.  I'm sure some voters might feel that way too and vote for Glavine and Maddux this year together.  Smoltz won't be on the ballot til next year though, and like I said I'm betting Maddux gets in first time.

yeah, glavine and maddux will both get in this year, smoltz will get in next year first ballot.  its unreal to think how amazing those three were together in atlanta (and pretty much their whole career)

Glavine has 300 wins and 2600 K's

smoltz has 200 wins and 150 saves with 3,000 Ks

they'll both be 1st ballot

There have been 15 1st ballot guys in the last 20 years. I don't think either one is that level of elite.

I will say, the steroid era throws the whole thing off. A guy like Glavine who has never had that stigma could potentially receive extra votes because of that fact

The Nationals have acquired starter Doug Fister from the Tigers, a source tells Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com (via Twitter). Going back to Detroit in the deal will be second baseman Steve Lombardozzi, lefty Ian Krol, and a prospect, tweets Jim Bowden of ESPN.com. Cotillo previously noted that Lombardozzi was likely part of the deal, and also tweeted that 22-year-old, left-handed pitching prospect Robbie Ray was probably headed to Detroit.

Interesting comparison below between David Price and Doug Fister over the past three years from Fangraphs. Both players have 2 years remaining on their contracts.

Name     GS    IP    GB%    ERA-    FIP-    xFIP-    K%    BB%    WAR    RA9-WAR
Price    92    622.0    47.4 %    81    81    80    23.0 %    6.0 %    13.4    14.1
Fister    89    582.2    51.1 %    82    80    86    18.2 %    4.9 %    13.1    12.2